Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Intermittent Frequency Valve Operation + Dwell Meter Tuning
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Lamda comments Reply with quote

Fast eddie was helpful to me also. Sounds like you are narrowing it down. Setting the AFR with the dwell is a bit of a challenge because it does move around some. In the end, the car has to run great when the reading is good. I am going to re-gasket my fuel distributor and see if that settles out a rough idle. This has been a 4 year battle but I am about done. Finally got my AC working and holding so that battle appears to be a victory. Good luck on yours. Let me know how it goes. ...Ted
nrwheele  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're definitely not alone, I've had my 924 for almost 3 years now and it's been an uphill battle all the way. The A/C system will be my next challenge, but I figured a properly running car needed to come first.

Best of luck with your '81 Ted!
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:27 am    Post subject: Porsche AC Reply with quote

When you get to the AC and Have some questions on the system let me know. I have been through about everything possible to get mine running. Conversion to R134a is not to hard but there are pitfalls you can avoid. I even rebuilt the compressor so I might be of help.
Good luck on that one. Ted
nrwheele  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this post is a bit old at this point, but as of last night my lambda issue appears to be solved. After mulling it over for a few weeks, I decided that I didn't trust the lambda computer itself, so I bit the bullet and bought a used one from eBay that came from a known working '81 924 like mine. I think I can say without a doubt that my original ECU was on its way out; as soon as the new unit went in and it fired up, the frequency valve ran solid, no more stuttering or hesitation, and the dwell readings bounced right around 45 where they should be. I took my car out for a drive for the first time in weeks, and what a difference. I still need to set the idle (idles around 600-700 when starting up after already warm), but I think that'll just take time to tweak. The power band feels right where it should, and I no longer have power surges while accelerating. I just want to thank everyone here for their help, this is why this group is the best!
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject: Frequency valve Reply with quote

Good for you. I am glad it is working. Right now I need to get another fuel distributor as I ruined mine in a rebuilt attempt. I know what went bad but the damage is not recoverable.

Too bad I don't live close. I have no other 924 to compare with mine as to perfomance. To many V-8's in the stable. LOL Good luck.
nrwheele  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the same boat I'm in! I've seen three 924's in my life; one in a museum in Florida, one '77 when I was originally looking to buy a Porsche, and then the one I own. I always wish I had another 924 to compare to just to know if mine is even running in the same ballpark.

If I can ever help a fellow '81 owner out, let me know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: