Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

What is the most powerful engine for a 924?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klober23  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the most powerful engine I could easly put in a 1981 924 Turbo?
dwak  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klober23,
A 1981 924 Turbo engine! The operative word being 'easy'.
dwak
jamez  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it wouldn't be too hard to bolt a solid fuel rocket to the top of the car, that would probably be the most powerfull
dwak  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamez,
That's really stupid because all that thrust placed high on the roof would create a coupling effect and turn the car into a vertual 'pinwheel'.
D Hook  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, everyone knows that whenever you mount a JATO you have to keep it even to the axis of the center of the wheels. This does make the vehicle a bit wider though and that's why you just don't see as many JATO's as you used to. Cars used to be much smaller, ya know.
dwak  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you could say that's no small PAJATO's.
Sorry about that but yesterday I was snow on till my beard froze and today I was rained on till my boots were full. Why did I ever give up my civil engineering job?
dwak
PS What's this topic doing in this sector anyway?

[ This Message was edited by: dwak on 2002-02-02 02:49 ]
jamez  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez how could i have been so careless? I will have to redo all my plans and drawings now....
Paul T.  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, there are some great websites out there that tell you how to build your own jet engine, perhaps that would be a good alternative to the good old piston engine. Just think, a jet engine with about a 1000 pounds of thrust mounted in the rear of a 924, what a kick in the ass!
bacook  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we already covered this one months ago.
http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?topic=5&forum=2&8
jamez  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is fairly easy to make a simple turbo-Jet engine using a turbo charger. all you need to do is build a combustion chamber. of course they aren't very effecient since an automotive turbo wasn't designed to be used at a jet engine, you would probably need a huge one to make enough thrust to be used on a car... i used to be into RC airplanes and I had an airplane with a pulse jet mounted on it. they make an amazing amount of thrust for their size, also an amazing amount of noise and waste a ton of fuel.. I also had a miniature turbine engine, 15 lbs of thrust, very cool but expensive...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: