Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Rules still in progress

View previous topic :: View next topic  
924RACR  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Rules still in progress Reply with quote

We're still ironing out the final details of the rules and car classifications, so please be patient... word will be posted once they're 100% set...
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
vehdyn  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be interesting. I am curious why the Turbo S is 100 lbs less then weight and the M3 is 75 lbs more. Just comparing lap times of a BMW prepped M3 vs stock class Turbo S's generally has them quicker. I guess things will work themselves out with the rewards weight after awhile. I thing the S has more HP and torque too but not sure how it reacts to IT like upgrades. Hence the post on Rennlist. Thanks.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend you address that some more to Mark and Denny - they were more involved in juggling the weights. Prep levels were very much a consideration, since any BMW showing up is expected to be prepped to at least IT level, if not fully to BMWCCA Prepared, whereas 951S's and any other Porsche could be showing up in Stock trim.

Anyway, rules are published! But always subject to change:
http://www.924.org/GTSChallenge/
'82 931 Plat. Silver
vehdyn  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, it will hopefully work its way out. I just hope it wont keep people away. I understand where it comes from. Anybody that reads the IT forums could get carried away with the exagerations of power, handling and stopping capability of the e36. We'll see. Thanks.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we sweated them pretty hard to try to get a good starting point, all the while remembering that this (03) is only a test season of sorts, to figure out what we did wrong and need to correct for '04 when we go full-time pro and bring in the $1mil-per-weekend purses...
'82 931 Plat. Silver
vehdyn  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I am talking about. Either 1 million dollars or at least a can of pop and a free hot dog. I am heading down the IT level of prep for this year. Not to the highest level of prep, but not too far away. After the 2004 rules shake out, we'll go from there. Driver needs the most work anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Rules and Regs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: