Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Supercharged 924 NA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! You joined the forum!
Thank you for the model.
I’m very happy if i inspired you, thank you for letting me know.
M62 is a good choice for the 2.5L engine.
0.3bar seems kind of the limit for the 2L as well.
I’ll try higher boost later this year, but i dont expect that it will work very well without some modifications to the fueling.
Cool design, i keep mine hidden under the original cover as i prefer looking at only oldschool gauges in my 924.
Jarlingar  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riggard wrote:
Does it mount to the original holes in the dash?

It sure does! Pops right in.

Maybe I'll make a few extra and sell on ebay later.

I've been following your build pretty much from the start morghen, might as well sign in and say Hi!

It was the "silly drive" video on YT that really got me going again, spinnin wheels on the 924!

Fuel quickly becomes a factor on the 944 as well, not as easy to adjust the ignition timing on the 944 either... But I've come up with a solution I think will work.
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, i have to do another silly drive video again soon.
Curious what you’ll come up with for your 2.5L kit
Jarlingar  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read the article on the924.com. It was a fun read
And the torque youtube video... Man I really enjoyed that one

I'm working on my 944 supercharger project, slowly I might say..
Not meaning to hijack your thread.. But the gauge housing I designed to replace the center speaker cover is now avaliable @ cults3d.com if anyone of you fellow supercharger nerds want to print your own.
There's also a 1DIN version avaliable for stereo install.
A blank version for own custom cut out is coming up aswell.

Oh yeah, one last thing. I tested how the 944's motronic handles fuel, and posted a video of it on YT: https://youtu.be/Q8jlDPNsxCQ
I'll post more videos of the SC progress on YT if anyone is intrested
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, good to hear you're still on it.
Maybe a direct link to your 3D model is better.
Shurick  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarlingar wrote:

Like you I'm also using a Eaton unit, but the m62 as it's going on a 944 2,5l N/A, using original fuel and ignition I think 0,3 bar is maximum..

M44/07 held good with 0.6 bar and 230hp / 310Nm, but it was TVS supercharger from Audi 3.0 TFSI and on RON 100 octane:

M62 is outdated design but I think you really can go up to 0.4-0.45 without any troubles.

And I wouldn't try to run it on stock Motronic ECU, injectors and fuel pump.
https://www.instagram.com/ru_pacecar/
Sndtech  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject: Another happy 924 SuperSecharger customer Reply with quote

So we finally installed one of the supercharger kits from the924.com.
What a difference it makes in the car. WOW ! Responsiveness, drivability, just makes the 924 so much more fun to drive.
I like it better than driving my 944 More power, feels so much lighter and sounds alot cooler.

Hats off to Ciprian at the924.com for designing such a kit. Long overdue and so much better than retrofitting a turbocharger to an NA.
This car was the one on Wheeler Dealers Season 14 Ep 12. So very happy with the car and its now injected SC performance.

if you have a 924 NA. You MUST get this kit... it will put a smile on your face like you can't imagine.. Talk to Ciprian and JUST DO IT !!

See below .

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rw34Wrpe7ejB2Axj7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/d8z12ebc4zEBXw8q6

Sorry I would add more pics and video still trying to figure out how.
morghen  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Manny, thank you very much for the kind words.
Riggard  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started installing my kit today (yes, I'm a lazy bum, had it lying around for more than a year 😂)

Will share a more elaborate post later, but I'm very very impressed by the build quality and ease of installation. My assumption was that the videos and how tos made it look simpler to install than it actually is (have had that experience with some other projects before. ) This was also part of the reason I postponed the installation a bit.

But so far it's very easy and enjoyable. I'm now at the point where I have to install the sc itself, and everythibg fits perfectly and you can just see that it's all been very well thought out. Big compliments to Ciprian so far and I will keep sharing the updates.
morghen  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m happy to hear that you’re installing it and thank you for the kind words.

If you have any questions just call me or contact me via WhatsApp. If you dont have my number anymore or i didnt send it, just let me know by email and i’ll send you my nr. I like being involved in every intsallation and getting things done right first try. There are a couple of bits that you can install the easy way or the hard way but generally the video is a pretty good guide.
Looking forward for updates from you!

Happy new year!
Riggard  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few pictures of the installation. I hope to find some more time later this week to continue, will share pictures as we go.

Riggard  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last update on my conversion. I finished the installation a few weeks ago. The installation itself went very smooth and Ciprians assistance via whatsapp was gold. All in all I'd say installation of the kit should be do-able by the average diyer. You just need a bit of time, common sense and patience, that's all.
I did decide to 3d print a few extra parts to really finish it off, but this is mainly optional. (oil catch/vent, plug for the rubber that goes to the cis and an extension for my dipstick.) If anyone is interested in these models, just hit me with a message.

Testdrive was a blast, the noise is really cool and the improved acceleration can definitely be noticed. Feeling is still a bit on the lean side of things, so I'm currently rebuilding my WUR and going to adjust the pressure a bit lower, so after that it should be even better.

Measured 0-60 is now 8.4s, but I believe <8 should be doable by having more fuel and a few more attempts. A 924 turbo does 7.3... so pretty cool.

Here's the before and after. Love the looks, if you don't know better, you'd think it's OEM.
Before:

After:
Beartooth  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a wideband O2 sensor on it? I'd definitely want to have one; even if you get the tuning dialed in, it's a good thing to have in case something goes wrong. I'm curious as to what the target AFR would be for something like this. The 931 goes very rich (I see 11:1 or even richer under full boost on mine); I'm not sure if you'd need to go that rich or not. I've been told that's pretty typical, and I think it's partly to compensate for the lack of intercooler, partly for safety margin over detonation. Anyway, what I really came to say is the install (and the rest of the engine compartment) looks amazing!
Riggard  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a wide band, but it's not yet in it, gonna do that in the near future, but wanted to test drive first.

Evaluation of afr was done by checking the spark plug color, not perfect, but gives an indication. Should bee 'coffee brown', but mine was like ghost white. Fuel pressure is at 52psi warm, so could be lower. Gonna aim for 42ish.

Thanks for the kind remarks on the engine bay, was quite some work, but I'm happy about the way it looks.
This is what it looked like when I purchased the car
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the cleanest and best looking SC installation out there.
Congratulations, and enjoy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: