Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

931 hatch trim/spoiler replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gord  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:10 am    Post subject: 931 hatch trim/spoiler replacement Reply with quote

Greetings!

I just acquired a 931, and unsurprisingly it pretty much needs all new rubber everywhere. The rubber molding around the hatch is particularly weathered, and I'm having trouble figuring out what I need, or where to get it.

More specifically, I will need to replace parts numbered 2, 3, 4 and 5 from this diagram:

From what I can tell, these pieces are NLA. Is anyone making reproductions?

Any other general info about where to get new seals for the doors and windows would also be mighty appreciated!

Cheers,
Gord
924-76  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, #2 is a metal trip.
#3, 4 and 5 is the 3 pieces rear spoiler. You can find used one on forums or ebay. Can also be replace (direct bolt-on) by the 944 rear spoiler which is larger, but all 3 pieces needs to be from the same style, 924 or 944.

I often use Automobile Atlanta for parts. Others are Pelican Parts, Only944, Paragon Porsche and so on.
gord  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems these pieces are NLA from Porsche. Auto Atlanta does list them for sale, so maybe they're selling NOS — but at the prices they're quoting I'll have to put this pretty low on my priority list for now.

Are there any aftermarket manufacturers making reproductions of the other various NLA rubber parts/seals?
Eliza  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been through changing the rear spoiler on mine last year. My advantage was I had a good spare. Still, thinking back to what a hassle it was to get the old spoiler off without destroying the glass ( the bolts holding the spoiler to the flimsy frame were Loc-tited in place by the factory and needed drilling out. EVERY ONE OF THEM )...

why not see if you can find a complete hatch in reasonable condition instead?

About the door and window seals, my experience is to not buy used online - they're likely as bad -or worse - than the ones you have now. Better post a WTB ad here , or check Woollies Workshop in the UK.

There are a few companies I know of reproducing NLA parts, but some of them are in Europe so shipping costs might deter you... look at partworks.de for smaller bits and bobs. Only944 ( US) sell great hatch and moonroof seals for very good prices.

Eliza
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: