Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

'96 Corvette motor into '77 Porsche 924

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamez  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: '96 Corvette motor into '77 Porsche 924 Reply with quote

Well folks the car is almost ready to be put back on the road, I just gotta tie up a few loose ends, hopefully before Christmas.
The engine is installed, has been started in the car and spun the back wheels with the car jacked up, I haven't actually driven it yet because I don't have the clutch hydraulics all put together yet. I'm putting the battery in the back of the car to try and get some weight off the front. 350# springs have also bee installed in the front.
When I started this project almost a year ago, I was planning on putting everything on a webpage, but I haven't had the time. If you think you have the knowledge and skill to do a project like this, you're probably right. But if your not sure, then I wouldn't attempt it.
Obviously every component is custom built, but the main parts are the motor mounts and drive shaft/clutch system.. once you get that figured out everything else is trivial, but even the trivial things can be a son of a bitch to figure out, and you can figure on every little part you need costing at least $100
Anyways, I'll try to post a few pictures soon. later

-Jamez
PORSCHEV  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am soo jealous .....I haven't even started mine yet! But congrats just the same. Did you manage to have the hood close in stock form with the injection type engine? So hurry the hell up with the pictures already!!

1978-#53 "D" track racer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Joes924Racer  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamez sent me 2 pic. to post. Motor looks good. Check out his
headlight mod. pretty trick eh.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lizard  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, those headlights are not my style if you could make a fibeerglas mold that holds the projection lights I think it would be better
turbobob9242  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:01 am    Post subject: RE V-8 swap Reply with quote

Looking good!!

Manual or power brakes??
Lizard  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks to be manual brakes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: