Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Brilliant idea here. V-8 pop, v-6 ..and red light cam hack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
positivesale  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:31 am    Post subject: Brilliant idea here. V-8 pop, v-6 ..and red light cam hack Reply with quote

Ok instead of spending money on that transplant.. I have two ten inch sub woofers. Now all I have to do is get a recording of a V-8 pop or rumbling truck... and make a wav file or MP3. Then, hook a mic up to my car.. with spectrum analyzer software, the sound will come in in the mic and go into the PC. Then out the PC is the two ten inch subs. As the RPMs go up with my car, the v-8 pop sound goes rumbling out the ten inch subs, and completely wipes out all 4 banger buzzes of the car. Now I'm going to do this as a joke, and also for fun.. I have several little computers available that have mic inputs, and I love fooling around with spectrum analyzers and the software. But honestly, I think this is the cheap alternative to a v-8 swap.. plus you have to be a computer nerd to do it. Only problem is the speakers will be inside the car, but I suppose I could just make cut outs somewhere so the sound goes ou tthe car, then have an optional cover to put over the speaker when I don't want to use the v-8 system - two sets of covers - one to protect rain, and grilles to protect dust when it's not raining. Of course since I can get speakers really cheap - I'll have to experiment with what speakers will be needed. I'm guessing a more punchier speaker rather than a 15 inch, , because the pop still needs a punch.. and the F1 sound will need a bit of high pitch hum to it.
If I don't want the redneck v-8 pop _ I can add turbocharger V-6 or v-12 sounds too.. Then there is that loud farting Viper sound, a bit more low pitched and motorbike sounding than the V-8 pop. But this is going to be really funny and I'm actually going to do this high performance mod to my car just for fun.
I will update on the progress when I start fooling with the set up in my car. Shouldn't' take too long - only thing that might take a bit of time will be the calibrating of the mp3 or wav file, and the response of it.. as it may be hard to get the realism throughout all RPMs, and idle of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: