Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Jamez's Chevy LT1 swap update (see "1996 LT1 into a 92

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamez  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Jamez's Chevy LT1 swap update (see "1996 LT1 into a 92 Reply with quote

just an update on my progress, I still plan on putting up a webapage, but I have been busy at work, and busy on my car so I haven't had the time yet..

The whole drive train is sorted out and bolted together rightnow, The engine mounts are very near completion just a few more welds, I should have them done tonight.. After that I will need to put in a radiator, fuel pump etc... I know it doesn't sound like I have done much, but its alot of work, and money... I think so far I have spent about $2300 total, and probably will spend ATLEAST $800 more.. The engine actually fits in the bay nicely, but it is going to weigh alot more than the 4 cyl. I will be doing everything I can to try to get the weight balance better, and get the car as light as possible.... still don't know when it will be done, but I have a deadline of august 20th because I will be moving...

Jamez
puma  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: i have an LT1 Reply with quote

I have an LT1 for a 78 N/A Im just trying to gather as much info to get started.
jamez  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The engine mounts are now complete, the engine is in the bay now, the entire driveline is all put together for the first time... feels good to make some major progress... next step is to get a radiator, modify the oil pan, and about 100 other small little projects..
puma  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamez are you leaving your engine fuel injected or are you changing it to carburation, and are you using the stock brackets or did you use a different one.
jamez  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the engine will stay with the stock fuel injection..... I know for a fact that you would have to cut a hole in the hood if you used a carb.... The stock brackets? which ones? are you talking about the engine accesories bracket? I took off the A/C and powersteering pump, and will probably be buying an alternator only bracket, I cant remeber which company makes it, but they have a bracket for everything.. right now I still have the stock alternator bracket on the motor and it fits in the engine bay just fine.... the drivers side exhaust manifold is right in the way of the steering column, I found out that I can put the manifolds on the wrong sides and it clears everything, I will probably be buying headers and hopefully they will clear the steering column...
puma  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im doing the same on the manifolds. How about the sway bay did you modify it or did you find an aftermarked replacement.
jamez  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made some spacers to fit between the sway bar mounts and the frame rail, it lowers the swaybar about 2 inches....
puma  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna try to start mine in the next couple of weeks since i already have the engine I'm gonna try to find a bellhousing from a 92 chevy pickup or something similar. For right now im going to keep my stock trans and later if i feel the need to upgrade I can take my time knowing that i at least have it running once. Do you know what kind of trans my car has, its a 78 n/a? I have been looking for a picture of my car but I can't find it I only found the negatives. I'll develope it pretty soon so you can see the car it is awsome. I have never seen another car that looks similiar to mine. I have another 924 but this is a '77 n/a I bought it for $600 in EL Paso Texas> I drove it home some 300 miles doing 90 mph most of the way throught the Guadalupe Moutains without any problems. No dents no rust but the interior and the paint was very bad, so i just have it as a donor car. If you know of anyone that wants to buy an engine I have 2 and there both in good shape no smoke no nothing. You might think why did I pulled them off 1. I love horse power and 2 they both gave me problems with the fuel delivery box so out goes the v4 and in goes the v8 (hopefully pretty soom).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: