Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Lambda... keep or remove????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awilson40  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1982 924 has a working Lambda system and I set the fuel mix using a dwell meter. And it runs fine. Lately its been a bit rough and has a bit of throttle lag. I pulled the plugs and they were almost white(usually are a dark tan) Upon checking I found a bad temp switch, so the Lambda system was never coming on. The signal to the freq valve was always 45deg dwell. I jumped out the switch, so the system is on at all times and the system started working again. Is there a problem with leaving the temp switch jumped? Would it be a better set up If I left the system Off and adjusted the mixture by a plug reading like a carbed motor?
Thanks
numbers  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep your Lamda working. You cannot beat a perfect 14.7 to 1 mixture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: