Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

1980 924 turbo wont start in the morning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rutles  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: 1980 924 turbo wont start in the morning Reply with quote

just bought a 1980 924 turbo , the car will not start on the first start of the day , the only way to get it started is to pump the flapper in the airflow metre then the car will start after doing this many time after that the car will start all day , someone said it was the cold start valve . this car was stored for a long time and the gas was bad , i pump all the bad gas out and put in fresh gas , because when i bougtht it i thought maybe it was the bad gas that was causeing this . today i worked on the car for a while and iwas told to check to see if the gas was going to the fuel distributor nest to the air flow meter , when i loosed the gas lines i lost the pressure now the flapper has no resistance when i pump it , i poured some gas down the meter and the will start but shuts off when the gas is gone . seems like now i cant build up any pressure , car will not start. if i turn the key to the on position will this power the fuel pump , i used a volt meter at the fuel pump acroos the two termimals with the key in the on position and there was no voltage . can anyone help thank you
Lizard  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if there is no power at the fuel pump that would cause it not to run but it could also be the fuel pump relay, try hooking up some power directly to the fuel pump and then try and start, it could also be a bad fuel pump.
Paul  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a 80 924 turbo, turning the key on should cause the pumps to run for about 10 seconds and then shut down. After that the pumps receive power only if you are cranking the motor until it starts.

The cold start valve doesn't matter unless its colder than 50 degrees F.

Check your fuel pump fuse and relay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: