Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924s suspension

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesse wall  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: 924s suspension Reply with quote

first thanks for the info on my daily driver gauge problems , what do you think the best way to go for suspension on my 88 924s track car? goal is to run 944 cup only as pca i or h probably h for now because of weight and runs good with chip,car weight is presently 2689 with ac yet to go and window glass still in driver's and passangers side,also car has mo3o suspension which will be saved for street car or sold . what is advantage of rear coilovers vs t bars ? thoughts are to run 350 to 400 front springs and 28 to 30mm t bars or 650 lbs rear coilovers or a coilover with the mo3o t bars in place , how much to lower car/ what about sway bars 968 mo30 in rear what about front / kep mo30 or go to 30 mm 968 ? thanks for any advice Jesse ps John I am going a little faster now thanks to good instructors first spin out at hogpen put both feet in and stayed on track after 4 revs around good luck wit 931
John Brown  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 rotations!!! Go Jesse!

I just chicken out at Hogpen and go too slow.

Are you sure the MO030 won't work out? I am now under the belief that you can use Hypercoil springs on the struts which means that cheap springs any rate you want are available. And there is now a replacement insert for them. I was wrong before, I think.

You gonna make the NASA competition school Feb 21 at CMP?

John
924RACR  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coilovers for the rear are much easier to deal with WRT changing and adjusting. The rear suspension is a PITA all around to adjust for the track, it's just not easy like the front struts. OTOH, it works better than a twist beam!

Given the option, I'd use coilovers. Rates are up to you, how much you want. Sorry I can't help with rate selection, but I'm not allowed to run them in IT. Really stiff is really nice, but can really unsettle the car if you put it on a bumpy track. YMMV. Now comes the experimentation.

BTW, keep in mind that once you get up to above 300# on front and around 28mm bars in the rear, you will need race shocks/struts valved explicitly for your car and setup; shocks/struts valved for stock rates will be overworked and not do the job.
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924 Racing Today All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: