Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

New board identities

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out the new board. It's really good.

The Terms require that any person posting should not have more than one alias or identity. I looked around to see if I could find a facility to DROP a username and adopt another user name. I couldn't find one.

It seems to me there's probably one or two good reasons why a person would want to drop their username and take on another user name. Here are some reasons I thought might be valid for you.

1. If someone gave out information in their public profile, that information was released, but they now want to shield the public from that information.

2. I am guessing you guys absolutely don't want any harassment or stuff like that. Good thing. So here's what I'm thinking: Imagine someone finds themselves being harassed - they might want to change their identity rather than have that identity harassed. Of course, you guys are going to be clamping down hard on that, so it's unlikely. But if the person can change their identity, they can evade that kind of behavior and you guys won't have to intervene. Also, it'll be an added level of comfort for them.

3. The person may have given out their real name in the username, and now chooses to get an alias. That's a pretty good reason to want to change username. So it would be great if they could do that.

Is it possible to put a facility in place for users to change their username? Or to delete and start a new one?

[ This Message was edited by: Rick MacLaren on 2002-11-01 15:15 ]
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the administrator can change your username. Any posts under the "old" name will continue to show that they posted by the "old" user.

Just send an email.
RobE  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter are you going to be able to save and post all the discussions from this board to the new one? Like you did for the last upgrade. Just curious Rob E.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the posts will be converted over.

Anyone wanting to change their handle can just register under a new name after the conversion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> About The Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: