Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

rover powered 924x2
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beario  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have recently had a rover 3.5 motor put in my 924s........great conversion done for less than $7500 sounds great and goes even better....my mate also has a 78 924 with one of bodykit alliminuim rear bi-plane 18"split rims,roll cage powered by a 4.8 litre real steel rover motor,holley projection,and 80 shot nitrous====320 bhp,315 torque====with nitrous its pushing 390 bhp,420 torque.....anyone want info let me know...would post pics if new how to get them on here??????????
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! We've been hanging out to see some pics of real working transplants.

Take a look at http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?topic=1639&forum=6&6 for details of including pics with a post.

If you don't have access to some web space to put the pics email them to me and I'll put them on the board server and post the links.
beario  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
peter-in-au you have rover v8 email as could not put pics on.....be great to see them on website.....
On 2002-10-31 09:53, Peter_in_AU wrote:
cool! We've been hanging out to see some pics of real working transplants.

Take a look at http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?topic=1639&forum=6&6 for details of including pics with a post.

If you don't have access to some web space to put the pics email them to me and I'll put them on the board server and post the links.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the pics beario sent me:

Last edited by Peter_in_AU on Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cbass  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while ago I posted a whole bunch of pics from Adie...

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?offset=&mode=viewtopic&topic=2810&forum=2&start=30
Lizard  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbass you need to get more web space or convert files into jpg with compression enabled
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some more pics beario sent me:

81turbo  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has got to be something that you can do with the hood to hide that muscle car air cleaner. You said that you wanted a sleeper look and that certainly ins't it.
beario  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

81turbo wrote:
There has got to be something that you can do with the hood to hide that muscle car air cleaner. You said that you wanted a sleeper look and that certainly ins't it.
onlt thing i could do is change the carb manifold for a lower version ..but that would mean trying a lot of manifolds and buying them aswe;ll...and the whole point of the project was BUDGET and street sleeper...but its a sacrifice i will live with......
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose with a later EFI motor and a low plenum you could squeeze it in without cutting the bonnet. But that would make it less of a budget conversion.
924 turbo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics look really good!

Doesn't having an air cleaner sticking out of your hood sort of spoil the whole sleeper thing, though?
81turbo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$7500 Seems like a hefty budget to me.
Lizard  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a suggestion for covering it

get a CGT hood scoop if it isnt wide enough then cut it in half and fiberglass it back together wider
john h  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we dumped a 302 Ford into a Triumph stag we had the same problem with the air cleaner sticking up.

What we did was cut out the centre section of the hood just inside the creases and then placed a small section above the cleaner giving the clearance. Then using cardboard and plaster shaped the bonnet so it raised to this centre section. By the time we finished the change in hieght wasn't too noticable and the finished article was used as a basis to make a mould for a fibreglass hood. Once painted and it looked realy good and to most of the public it looked as though it was supposed to be like this.
Only when you parked the stag next to another one or even another triumph saloon did it stand out.

if you take it to pieces slowly it can provide anguish all year long!
Fast924Turbo  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that - it looks like a good job. And for $7500 where are you going to find Porsche styling and handling with over 300 HP? Not a bad investment if you have the guts and competence to do it and want a real mover.

Regarding the big air intake, I have a suggestion sort of like Johns. Have you considered just raising up the hood slightly, a couple of inches, with something that looks like I think it was the old Camaros that had 'cowl induction'? It didn't scoop up the air from the front, but was a raised hood piece right over the center of the car. I think it would be hardly noticable, and other drivers who don't know Porsche wouldn't have any idea what's under there.

What is going on with that rad fan?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: