Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Reviving an '81 931

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoper  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reviving an '81 931 Reply with quote

I have been part of the 928 community for 4 years or so. 6 months ago a car was listed for sale on a Facebook 928 group and behind it was a minerva blue 924. I asked if it was for sale too and it was. And it was a turbo! I bought it based on the color and that it would run on spray. I've been making slow progress in getting it to run by cleaning grounds, replacing the fuel filter and accumulator, cleaning out the WUR (very clean other than the screens) then rebuilding the fuel distributor and finding no spring under the center shaft. I replaced that and after back-flushing the injectors I see one of them is still leaking and 2 of them flow much less than the other 2.
For the 928, there is a popular swap of injectors to use short ones from a Mercedes CIS system - 0 437 502 047. They look similar to those in the 931, does anyone know if they work in a 931?
Should I replace all 4?
'01 986S "Viola"
'03 540iT/6 DD
Cedric  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injectors are a wear item on kjet, just replace them, the correct ones are readily available if you search around a bit. Then you at least know that the injectors are good, the margins to destruction are much smaller ona Turbo car, especially non intercooled, so its always good to do stuff such as fuelling as good as possible:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: