Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

1981 2.0NA distributor mechanical advance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:44 am    Post subject: 1981 2.0NA distributor mechanical advance Reply with quote

I wrote previously about trying to find one of my missing springs. From an article I read it seems that often to change the mechanical advance curve a different spring is used for each of the two spring mounts. This make a dog leg in the mechanical advance curve. Upon checking the Haynes manual I did find that it has two doglegs so the use of different springs might be correct. Has someone opened their distributor to see the springs and are they different?

Some of the speed equipment vendors sell spring and weight kits for chevy, ford,etc so that you can change the mechanical advance curve. Does anyone know who (if anyone) might sell something similar for Porsche?
Thanks for any help possible. ...Ted
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy will recurve it however you want:

https://supertecperformance.com/

As will this guy:

http://www.vintagewerks.com/
  • Shaggy (1980 931) - SOLD (unlucky, but tried hard )
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject: Distributor references. Reply with quote

Thanks guys... I will contact them.
Ted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: