Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

pulse sender

View previous topic :: View next topic  
antoninosavoca  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: pulse sender Reply with quote

My 924 turbo m.y. 1983, no more starts , the pulse sender ,no more works.Last year Porsche said they will produce again this part in few months ,but they did not.
I wrote to Porsche classic section to ask and they told me they decided now not to produce it.
I try to find one used,help me , please, .or i have read abouth 123 ignition conversion,anyone had experience with it ?Really it works in 924 turbo 177cv?Is it an alternative to pulse sender?
Thank you v. m. in advance
best regards from Italy
Antonino
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy the ready to install Mittelmotor dizzy that includes the 123ignition hardware.
Or you can buy a used sensor...there are a few around.

I may be selling my two sensors this winter as i'm thinking of upgrading to full EFI.
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option 1. Someone may offer you a used sender for lots of €uro. It may work for many years. It may not. You may be searching for 1 day or many months as they are not for sale very often. So make an offer to Morghen if he sells his.

Option 2. The Mittelmotor version of the 123ignition is factory look, adjustable spark control, will make the car drive better than the factory sensor/DITC control unit. This costs circa €900 or less if you buy direct

Option 3. The 123ignition version is not factory look. Does the exact same job as Mittelmotor version but cost circa 50% or less

The 123ignition solution is very easy to fit and use. I have had mine for 2.5 years
antoninosavoca  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: pulse sender Reply with quote

Thank you v. m. Carrera and Morghen.
I will think abouth
Ciao
Antonino
Coco_Lev  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrera RSR wrote:

Option 2. The Mittelmotor version of the 123ignition is factory look, adjustable spark control, will make the car drive better than the factory sensor/DITC control unit. This costs circa �900 or less if you buy direct

It appears that the dizzy doesn't show up the air intake temperature sensor. Is it true?
Thanks
Cedric  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coco_Lev wrote:
Carrera RSR wrote:

Option 2. The Mittelmotor version of the 123ignition is factory look, adjustable spark control, will make the car drive better than the factory sensor/DITC control unit. This costs circa �900 or less if you buy direct

It appears that the dizzy doesn't show up the air intake temperature sensor. Is it true?
Thanks

Yeah, it's a bit unfortunate that there is no temp compensation on 123, technically the DITC is a better solution in some ways. But with clear draw backs as its not easily adjustable and the frigging sensor. Can't for my life understand why porsche starts selling all sorts of nonsense in their classic parts line up, the only thing we need that wasn't available before is the frigging sensor
Coco_Lev  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C�dric wrote:

Yeah, it's a bit unfortunate that there is no temp compensation on 123, technically the DITC is a better solution in some ways. But with clear draw backs as its not easily adjustable and the frigging sensor. Can't for my life understand why porsche starts selling all sorts of nonsense in their classic parts line up, the only thing we need that wasn't available before is the frigging sensor

Thanks for your feedback Cedric
morghen  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C�dric wrote:
Can't for my life understand why porsche starts selling all sorts of nonsense in their classic parts line up, the only thing we need that wasn't available before is the frigging sensor

boiling us up before hitting us with a high price so we're desperate enough to buy it by then
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: