Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Hose questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcarson25  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject: Hose questions Reply with quote

Digging into my new project so I apologize for littering the board with questions. Looking at replacing a lot of hoses and other bits under the hood. I have noticed a lot of these are NLA. I am sure people here have found compatible parts and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Don’t have a good way to post pictures so I guess part numbers may be the way to go.
Looking for:
93111037900 this is the sealing ring for the intake pipe to throttlebody

93111018501 this is an elbow not sure exactly what pipe it is for but it is basically gone on my car.
bureau13  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Hose questions Reply with quote

The first one is the outer black piece, not the red o-ring that does the actual work, right? I think it is primarily cosmetic. I was never able to find one and it didn't seem to matter. There are no vacuum leaks due to not having it fitted.

The second one I think is found in a few different places, right? I replaced the one for the recirc/blowoff valve thing on the turbo with some sort of right angle hose from the local auto parts store that I cut down to size. I believe there is a thread on here about some recommendations, which is what I followed.

rcarson25 wrote:
Digging into my new project so I apologize for littering the board with questions. Looking at replacing a lot of hoses and other bits under the hood. I have noticed a lot of these are NLA. I am sure people here have found compatible parts and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Don’t have a good way to post pictures so I guess part numbers may be the way to go.
Looking for:
93111037900 this is the sealing ring for the intake pipe to throttlebody

93111018501 this is an elbow not sure exactly what pipe it is for but it is basically gone on my car.

2007 Hummer H3 (Daily Driver)

Past lives (I miss them all):
2004 RX-8 (Wrecked)
1993 RX-7 (Sold)
1987 RX-7 Turbo II (Sold)
1985 RX-7 GSL (Stolen)
rcarson25  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Hose questions Reply with quote

bureau13 wrote:
The first one is the outer black piece, not the red o-ring that does the actual work, right? I think it is primarily cosmetic. I was never able to find one and it didn't seem to matter. There are no vacuum leaks due to not having it fitted.

Correct, it is just the black outer piece. Good to know that does not cause leaks. Anyone know of a good replacement to at least make it look good up there? Hose on the outside of the pipe and throttle body maybe?

Quote:

The second one I think is found in a few different places, right? I replaced the one for the recirc/blowoff valve thing on the turbo with some sort of right angle hose from the local auto parts store that I cut down to size. I believe there is a thread on here about some recommendations, which is what I followed.

Does anyone happen to know the id of the hose needed here? I don’t have a good hose to take for reference.
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the diameter info is in PET
rcarson25  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrera RSR wrote:
All the diameter info is in PET

Maybe I am missing something, I got part numbers from the PET but where as all the bolt sizes are listed the hoses I am looking for just state moulded hose with no size provided. Am I looking in the wrong place?
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each of the hoses in the PET are listed with size information.

There are two size elbows used in this intake vacuum system, 18mm ID and 15mm ID.

Here's a thorough thread covering this part and all the other rubber elbows. One of the sizes is still available through Porsche, the other or both are available aftermarket. You'll need a handful of them -- if the one is disintegrated, just replace them all.

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=42292
rcarson25  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I must be looking at a different version of PET. Good to know there are basically only 2 sizes.
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And most of them are 15mm iirc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: