Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

1980 931 For Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poor-sche  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:51 am    Post subject: 1980 931 For Sale Reply with quote

As much as it pains me to make this choice, I've decided to sell my car. This is our 3rd car so it mostly just sits in the garage. In the past I had thoughts of taking it on road trips but it just never materialized; life kept getting in the way. Now my son is of driving age and honestly, this isnít the car for him. I donít have space for a 4th car so this one has to go. I purchased the car in 2016 from a former forum member and have always kept it garaged since. The odometer shows 35k but itís never worked since I bought it. This has been our 3rd car so it doesnít get used all that much. Honestly, Iíd estimate no more than 2k miles per year.

The previous owner had the car re-sprayed Dolomite Gray, its original color. But the paint on the hood started bubbling in spots a year back. He also said he had rebuilt the cylinder head, rebuilt the turbo, rebuilt the wastegate, replaced the clutch, lightened and balanced the flywheel, and changed the dogleg transmission for a 944S2 5-speed. Iíve replaced the front wheel bearings, tie rods, oil pan gasket, water pump. Other than that, just the basic maintenance, oil, filters, plugs, wires, timing belt etc.

This has been a southern California car its whole life, so there are no rust issues to speak of. The body is straight, no dents and no signs of it ever being in an accident. The car is running great, it starts up and idles fine. It pulls nice and strong and maintains a good temp.

Asking $6,500

Here's a link with more photos...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MYqB8J45Zp-eJY3fiH-zbNnpM8ddKBw2?usp=sharing

Cold start video...

https://youtu.be/54sd3kQU0yE

Last edited by poor-sche on Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Fifty50Plus  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he replaced the dogleg tranny, he would have had to replace the torsion tube, shift rod and rear subframe as well as other bits and pieces (exhaust hangers). Then again, getting parts for a dogleg are pretty much impossible.
Nice looking car. Good luck with the sale.
1981 924 Turbo a real PoS, new engine
1982 924 Turbo nice body, blown engine
1972 911 E race car - going to Vintage
Various 944s to become IT-S race car
poor-sche  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump!

Lowered the price. Now asking $6,500. Need to sell soon cause we're moving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: