Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

WTB: manual window and mirror parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: WTB: manual window and mirror parts Reply with quote

I am looking to convert my 931 to manual windows and mirrors. Ideally I will be able to find the complete setup -- gts/cup flag mirrors, regulators, handles, script door cards in black -- but I'd be content with just regulators at a minimum. Anybody?

Aside from the holes, are there any structural/reinforcement differences between the manual/power door cards?

Are the only real mirror options the GTS mirrors if I don't want power? I feel like I read somewhere that there are two different non-electric-adjust options, one that has a short cable to control position from inside the car, and the other that has no cable only can be adjusted physically outside. I've thought about looking at VW MK1 watercooled flag mirrors as well, but the standoff is all wrong..

What do you have?
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones without the cable are more expensive they were used on the 944 cup cars.
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need a Global ebay search activated in your ebay app. Most manual regulators and mirrors will be found in Europe as UK and US preferred power windows + mirrors on their new purchase. Theres currently one window regulator on ebay in Germany now. Also search in other languages such as German, Dutch, French and go to ebay.de, .fr etc. as some don't appear in .com searches due to only posting within their countries.

You'll need patience and/or luck. Good luck.
Timmay!  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob, sending you a private message.
Tim
88 924S SE. Rescued. Sold
PCA since 1985
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips guys. Thanks for reaching out Tim!

Found some door cards (non-script) on ebay. Regulators pending..
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Door cards will be here tomorrow. Regulators and mirrors should be coming soon. Lightness soon to be added!
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the door cards last weekend and they're in decent shape. The vinyl is very good, and the card stock itself is a bit flimsy and has been resined up at the bottom but can be further reinforced or rebuilt pretty easily I think.. Wish they were script cards but oh well that's really the least of my worries.

Just got a shipping notification from Tim about manual regulators and early 924 manual mirrors, and looks like those will be here in about a week.

Thanks all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: