Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Supercharged 924 NA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CÚdric  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That TB adapter looks nice, it will be nice to see everything sorted. Have you done alot of full throttle testing with this system?
morghen  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testfit today, seems to fit well and installation is easy. So far so good.
I didn't figure out what size sealing o-ring I need so I can't run the car for now...but I'll get the right o-ring in the next couple of days and then I'll drive it. To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed that it can't run on the original rubber boot and while this does not scream modified (the kit will get black BOV valves) it still does not look factory enough to me.
Anyway, since that factory look is now ticked off as failed, I think I'm going to do the SC outlet tube in the same fashion as this last part I made.
At least that will make it look more consistent and also give a bit more flexibility for tolerances in the charge tract.

kondzi  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool 3D prints. I'm not fully happy with the strength of 3D prints though in general, but PETG is a great material for car applications IMHO.
'88 Mustang 5.0 LX Convertible (factory specs)
'84 911 Carrera 3.2 RoW (factory specs)
'81 931 RoW (TBD)
'81 Ford Capri 2.8i (factory specs)
'79 Ford Capri 2.9 (heavily modded)
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The devil is always in the details, depending how you design the geometry...use the process and the materials combined with the material properties and post-treatment....you can extend their range of functionality a bit.
I found that PETG and ASA are cost effective materials that can do some work in the engine bay. ABS as well but that is harder to print and not really worth it over ASA for example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: