Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Supercharged 924 NA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy friggin crap man that is clean. I've been looking under 924 hoods for over 20 years now and that still took me a few minutes to sort out stock vs. non stock parts.

Well done !!

Me
1996 Ford E-350 ex-FedEx Van
2014 Mazda CX-5 (Kinderwagon)
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
morghen  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you dont mind i used your picture on the website

https://www.the924.com/?page2

Riggard wrote:

Legitimate Salvage  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m getting dangerously close to ordering one of these kits. I’m going to get my K-Jet in good fettle first.

My primary question is what (if any) modifications need to be made to the K-jet? Can it keep up with the supercharger air-flow? Are any adjustments to fueling necessary?

If these questions have been answered, just point me to it.

Thx!
morghen  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The k-jet can just about keep up.
But i also developed a bolt on EFI kit for the 924SC and now developing it for the 931.
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you are....and if you'd hurry the hell up we'd appreciate that ( :
1996 Ford E-350 ex-FedEx Van
2014 Mazda CX-5 (Kinderwagon)
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
morghen  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as i can brother. I’m excited and happy to do this but things have been busy and stressful around here for a bit.

I’m near to starting that 931, tried to crank it yesterday but seems the starter wiring is dead, so i need to have a look there next.
Riggard  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came back from a 2000km trip to Germany, last time I went car was not supercharged, this time it was.

What a difference it makes! Especially in hilly areas (which we don't have in The Netherlands ) the supercharger provides a really nice push in the back. Also on the autobahn when you go like 140km/h the SC provides a very nice push/boost allowing easy acceleration and overtaking. Enjoyed driving this trip much more than the last time because of it. The power is very 'practical'.

No real issues with the kit, except that I blew of a hose in the ardennes, going 150km/h up a very long and steep hill, but that could well be because I hadn't re-tightened the hose. 1 minute with a screwdriver and it was fixed again; stayed put after that.

wrt. the question about the K-Jet, the only modification I did was to slightly lower the fuel pressure (using WUR) to make sure it's fuelled a bit richer. That's like a 10 minute adjustment (push out the center of the WUR a bit). But this also depends on your starting point, mine probably was already a bit lean to start.
morghen  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you’re back from the trip!
Amazing!
Lets see some pictures or videos.
Legitimate Salvage  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As tempting as the EFI upgrade is (and believe me, I'm tempted), My mantra for this car is "don't build it into something that it isn't." In short, I want to keep it as stock as possible with only few upgrades that enhance the enjoyment factor. That plan is covers going fore to aft on a search/destroy/replace every bit of rubber I can find, putting Billstein B6 on all four corners, wheel bearings on all 4 corners, getting the K-Jet dialed in, and finally installing the supercharger.

As a wise man once sang, "It's not a freeway bullet or a bug with monster wheels..."
safe  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legitimate Salvage wrote:
I’m getting dangerously close to ordering one of these kits. I’m going to get my K-Jet in good fettle first.
!

In my opinion, get the EFI kit before the supercharger if your kjet isn't working properly as it is.
It will give you a more usable engine and probably a decent bump in performance too.
Porsche 931 -79
Porsche 911 -77, 3.2 Targa
Porsche 911 -69, 3.6, Coupe
Legitimate Salvage  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only issues I’m having with my k-jet are hard starts (both cold and warm). It runs well otherwise.

My primary issue is financial. I can afford either the SC or the EFI… not both.
barnwerks  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with safe that the EFI should be done first.
If I understand your "mantra", a power adder like a supercharger really doesn't fit within the design parameters anyway.
Just think how much less embarrassing it will be at the cruise night / car show / whatever gathering, with all those people standing around your Porsche when it starts on a bump with EFI vs crankaty, crankaty, crankaty with CIS.
safe  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legitimate Salvage wrote:
Only issues I’m having with my k-jet are hard starts (both cold and warm). It runs well otherwise.

My primary issue is financial. I can afford either the SC or the EFI… not both.

I understand. If you can live with the hard starting and the kjet is confirmed to be working good otherwise, then go with the SC-kit.
But if you need to fettle with the kjet first to get a reliable car... I wouldn't waste time and money on that.

Many hard start issues can be worked around with manually running the cold-start injector on a button.
Porsche 931 -79
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran two cars with k-jet and supercharged for a good while, doing various tests with both of them, including high altitude tests, winter, hot summer..etc.
They both ran ok for my needs and for what i knew a 924 should be like, the 81 suffered from hot start issues and generally needed to run rich to avoid detonation and work fine, my 85 was almost perfect every time, not even having hard starts..but thats not everything.

When i switched to EFI i felt like the car runs cleaner and more consistent in all conditions and situations...allow me to explain.

For example, you go into a tight right hand corner, shift down into second gear and you plan to come out blazing, possibly sideways.
K-jet will sometimes hesitate a bit, sometimes even buckle down...depending on your tune and other factors.
There are other conditions/situations where you can really tell a difference.
Generally the EFI is more firm, more consistent and a bit faster if you take advantage of those differences.

If you can live with the k-jet and yours works as it should to keep the engine fed properly...you dont really need the EFI...but EFI is nicer in every way.
safe  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you run a 924 NA with EFI?
Porsche 931 -79
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: