Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

931 rear muffler change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
924RACR  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject: 931 rear muffler change Reply with quote

Posted to the 931 FB group, thought others here might be interested but may have missed it:
https://www.facebook.com/vaughan.scott.3/videos/pcb.1598506320326065/10213741827854769/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

Cut off the stock rear muffler. Welded on a short bit of bend to have a straight section to slip the replacement on. Videos included of stock, with NO muffler (aka straight pipe tractor sound!!) and with the replacement, a Dynomax #17263 (purchased from JEGS).

Note: this was purely for aesthetics, to add some more character. Stock muffler is indeed a straight-through muffler, just as the Dynomax is, FWIW.

Driving around, does have a touch more bass than stock, but I wouldn't have minded even a bit more noise. Definitely quieter than all the Scoobies around here, even my wife's WRX with an axle-back! LOL

But at least it doesn't sound bone stock any more...

Will probably swap in a few different rear sections just to experiment, as it's set up to be modular now, easy to change. For one, I have a rather small race bullet Dynomax muffler (we use on the #77 ITB NA car), thinking the smaller volume will let even more turbo awesomeness out the back... Definitely no drone with this setup, though.

Then once that's done, I need to rig up a more proper, less jury-rigged rear mount (will adapt to the stock muffler hangar) and put a proper extension and tip to get it out to the rear bumper.
'79 924 #77 ITB racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to see what it sounds like with an SLP loudmouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: