Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Ideola's Garage - Dan Beckett Liquidation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robb Northrup  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject: Ideola's Garage - Dan Beckett Liquidation Reply with quote

I just got word that Dan has liquidated his business. Does anyone know who bought him out? He had some unique parts (EFI fuel rail, 4 post coil mounts, Diamond pistons) that I was counting on.
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that sucks. I had ordered about $2,000 worth of parts from him and was told he was working on it and to be patient. I was, it's been 6-8 months now at least, and now you're telling me that was all for naught.

F'ing lame.

Me
2008 GS500
1996 Dodge Caravan (DJV)
PaulD_944S2  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Ideola's Garage Reply with quote

Dan's a pretty straight up guy and I think you should try to contact him before writing him off. He did shut down his business in late 2018, so I'm surprised that you didn't know.

Here's his contact info from the website:

http://garage.ideola.com/top-Contact.html

He can also be contacted through this and a few other forums. Do a web search on Ideola's Garage and you can find many conversations regarding his closure. He may respond to your PM if you try.
924-76  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Dan, I bought many parts and did many deal with him in the past.
However, we agreed to a deal last summer, I produced parts for him and then he stop answering my messages. I PM'd him, I know he read them, but still no answer.

Dan moved on and that's fine, the problem is that he made commitment with peoples/members, didn't follow through and ignore our messages when we try to contact him.
ideola  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not sell my IP, inventory, or the business to anyone. A lot of people talk a good game, but when it comes time to pony up dough, no one has put their money where their mouth is. <shrug>. It's not an exorbitant figure (low 5 figures), so that will tell you what the 924 market is worth. I'm not going to give away what took me thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars to accumulate, both in terms of inventory and IP.

As for orders: I am no longer in a position to accept orders. I am sorry for disappointing everyone. Against my better judgment, I entertained several discussions about filling some final orders. Some I filled, some I refunded, and some never came to any exchange of money (Leigh, Robb, Claude).

I should not have even considered any final orders once I shut down the business, because the primary driver behind why I chose to cease operations to begin with was that I simply could not continue providing the level of service my customers deserved and expected.

I am 100% focused on my security consulting business, including a pending patent.

From time to time, I may continue to post items for sale, including some of the cars, as well as the used and NOS inventory. As opportunity and my schedule and inclination permit, this community will always get first crack at anything I offer up.

Cheers, lads.
TJC  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dan, great to hear from you!
As one who has been in the business of trying to service a niche market I can certainly sympathize with your feelings and have first hand knowledge of how difficult and even nerve wracking it can be. Message me here or email sometime and we can share a virtual beer, (the only kind I have anymore), and talk about it if you want ! It's especially difficult if it's a sideline, as attention must be kept on one's main source of income no matter how passionate or eager to serve one may be about the secondary one. And as to be expected there are, as in any business, some hiccups along the way...it happens.

In any event you have served the 924 community exceedingly well for a very long time and I have no doubt that many are grateful for your passion and devotion to the marque and for the services that you provided in the past. I for one wish you all the best and am confident that 924 owners all over will continue to benefit from your knowledge and expertise most any time they search for answers to problems or questions they may have about their babies...such is the legacy of the world wide web, your presence will always be there ! Enjoy life, best of luck in your primary business and Peace!
'86 Porsche 944 Turbo...Parting, Not Much Left!
'87 Porsche 944 NA "Liebchen"

Still on the Prowl!

www.ttrs1.com
peterld  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So well said TJC.
davidschmalz  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just want to say that Dan has been so great, and I have learned so much from his wealth of knowledge. I wish him all the best, and I know many, many others on these groups feel the same level of gratitude and appreciation for him as well!
ideola  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't fishing for compliments, seriously, but I do very sincerely appreciate the kind words. It really means a lot to me. Thank you all.
Raceboy  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, sorry to hear.

BTW, do you happen to have an 931 Diamond piston set to offer? Can be used too if in good condition.
'78 924 Carrera GT replica
'91 944 S2, sold
'82 924S/931 "Gulf", sold
'84 924, turbocharged, sold.
http://www.facebook.com/vemsporsche
CÚdric  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raceboy wrote:
Dan, sorry to hear.

BTW, do you happen to have an 931 Diamond piston set to offer? Can be used too if in good condition.

Hehe, need a set aswell. Or at least the detailed specs would help to ease the ordering...
ideola  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diamond Pistons are not stock items, each set is made to order.

Specs are all preloaded in my compression ratio calculator.
http://garage.ideola.com/top-DL-CompressionRatioCalc.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: