Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Engine, Fuel system, Electrical for sale PA USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunset924  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Engine, Fuel system, Electrical for sale PA USA Reply with quote

1977 1/2 924 2.0 complete from valve cover to oil pan.

Recent timing kit (3k ago) New German water pump (1k ago) cap rotor plugs ngk wires have 5k on them, CIS fuel distributor is trouble free, lines are leak free, and includes a new washable oil free filter. Starter included (good) and new bosh alternator (5k ago). New cam oilier elbow 5k ago. Fuel and spark wiring harnesses included with ignition module and coil, WUR, sensors, distributor, etc.

Will come on engine stand as pictured with fuel system, starter and ignition system. $475 USD. I am willing to meet up within a reasonable distance; I am close to Pittsburgh PA I would much prefer a sale on the package as well as a local pickup, however i may be willing to break the package up and ship individual parts if enough people commit to make it worth the while. I also have the resources to place this in a shipping crate if you want to arrange shipping through Uship.com or the like.

Feel free to message me an offer for parts. I am not apposed to keeping this setup, i just figured rather than making it a display piece in my office, if i can help another 924 stay on the road it would be worth the sale.

This engine was pulled due to oil consumption issues. It is a candidate for a rebuild using oversize pistons or a sleeve in #4 Head is good + all of the new parts, manifolds etc

Engine details:

# 4 cylinder has some serious damage: with the piston at BDC, there is a 30mm tall swath of destroyed cylinder wall on the exhaust side. Evidently this vehicle suffered a failed head gasket at some point and coolant was sitting in this cylinder for a very very long time and it eroded away the cylinder wall. This damage appears to be roughly .020in deep into the cyl; there’s your oil consumption issue. The remaining cylinders have pristine factory crosshatching present, and a light carbon build up... perfectly fine from a visual standpoint. I can only assume the vehicle was originally parked due to this issue and 20 years worth of corrosion sealed it up well enough, or the seller attempted to resurrect the car some years ago, found the damage and put the head back on. Gasket did not appear to be recently replaced however.its amazing the vehicle ran as well as it did; on a few 300 mile long road trips to boot!

Referencing the Haynes manual specifications, valve play within the guides is below the wear limit, and head and block variation are within specification. Tappets are not excessively warn, nor are the cam lobes; looks consistent with the 68k odo reading.

Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for looking!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: