Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Firewall rubber cover...how much do we need it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snakoil  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Firewall rubber cover...how much do we need it Reply with quote

Short story is my rubber padding on the firewall is torn in different places and water was getting between the pad and firewall.
I see some rust started on the firewall.
The pad I have is not worth reinstalling.

How much do we really need this rubber pad?
Is it only to mute engine noise or does it protect from fire hazard?

I'd really like to be able to smiply respray the firewall body color and leave it bare.

What are your thoughts?
Horizonblue  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I did my engine swap, the rubber insulation was a mess and it was a pleasure to tear it off. I added some pads which I cut out of standard sound dampening material. It probably doesn't make any difference, for the noise. Only one patch (silver) is installed here

I would say, paint the firewall the body color. If you want sound insulation, put it on the inside. It's probably not easy to get pretty, but who will look there ?

"If you can't fix it, don't break it"

/P.G. Andersen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: