Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Just Picked up 944 Turbo trans for '80 2.0 with 944S2 engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robb Northrup  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject: Just Picked up 944 Turbo trans for '80 2.0 with 944S2 engine Reply with quote

I noticed the gearing is lower and it has an oil pump and small cooler (the cooler is missing - probably why I got the deal). Is the cooler necessary in a street application. What do you guys think about the gearing? I may loose a little acceleration but the cruising should be pretty awesome (and economical).

I'll be starting the conversion in January. Yes, I know it's easier to get a 924S to do this, but mine is a lighter car (with Euro bumpers to boot) and I like the "mechanical" controls of the heater, etc. I prefer the challenge, anyway.

Robb
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the gearing but the project sounds like it will be an impressive car when finished
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: