Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

WTB.Euro bumpers and mount brackets for 931

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knobby  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: WTB.Euro bumpers and mount brackets for 931 Reply with quote

I would like to buy front and rear Euro bumpers for my Ď81 also the mount brackets.
Mr Bitey  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Euro bumpers on all ROW cars?

I have front and rear on a '79 924 but the shipping alone would cost (guessing) $600 from Perth, Australia.

1979 924 NA - Parts car
knobby  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think you are probably right.
I am hoping someone closer to Cincinnati Ohio will have a set.
Thanks!
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Bitey wrote:
Are Euro bumpers on all ROW cars?

I have front and rear on a '79 924 but the shipping alone would cost (guessing) $600 from Perth, Australia.

Pre '79.......that needs saving not parting!!
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just buy them new. I got front and rear from Sunset Porsche and they cost me about $600 for both. Lights, brackets etc. are much smaller and more economical to ship from the nether regions than complete bumpers. Also keep in mind that the used ones will be almost 40 year old plastic and will almost indefinitely have stripped screw holes and or cracked mounting points etc. New is new, and awesome.

Me
2008 GS500
1996 Dodge Caravan (DJV)
knobby  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenodog wrote:
Just buy them new. I got front and rear from Sunset Porsche and they cost me about $600 for both. Lights, brackets etc. are much smaller and more economical to ship from the nether regions than complete bumpers. Also keep in mind that the used ones will be almost 40 year old plastic and will almost indefinitely have stripped screw holes and or cracked mounting points etc. New is new, and awesome.

Me

Thanks Iíll look into it Iím surprised if they are still available new.
Mr Bitey  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrera RSR wrote:

Pre '79.......that needs saving not parting!!

I know what your saying, especially in Perth where these cars are so rare.

But it's sacrifice will help keep other 924's on the road and my wife happy.
1979 924 NA - Parts car
MikeJinCO  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a euro rear bumper and the difficulty of getting it to fit would tell me to tell you to either try to buy new or get with a wrecker in the UK. The one I have is a fairly heavy fiberglass molding with a 477 PN(I'm in Canada on vacation so not at home for a couple of weeks) Various problems, the std 924/931 bumper mounts fit but are too long which pushes it too far out and leave us with the rubber flap. I cut the shocks off with a hack saw and tack welded the tube into the flange until I got it close. I ended up getting within about 1/8" ie good enough for my purposes. It is now a fixed mount. Secondly, the alu bumper is threaded for a 10mm bolts. The fiberglass bumper doesn't have that so I got a square piece of 1/8" sheet and welded a 10mm nut to it so that it fits in the slot, then lightly siliconed it in place so it wouldn't fall out. It really needs two of those bullet nose bolts so the bullet will locate the hole and the threads pull it into place. GM uses them when assembling hitches on trucks. This took me about a 3 days for fussing with various bits and pieces for a half baked but cheap solution to save about 10 lbs over using the stock aluminum bumper. I would fear the cost of doing it the right way.

I'd have to get $200 plus shipping as a lightweight replacement for me is $210 plus shipping from FLA which would save me about 5 lbs in weight and I'd need to figure out a whole different mounting system for it. My bumper had no sign of ever having the rubber molding strip on it and the fiberglass is in no better then fair condition, and looks like it was never up to construction standards of today.
cricketdesigns.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: