Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

'82 RHD NA for sale (Sydney)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
staticsan  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: '82 RHD NA for sale (Sydney) Reply with quote

As I posted in the general forum, I'm tired of fixing things on my 924. It was fun to get and drive and I've learnt a lot of new skills (including an unexepcted improvement in my relationship with my father) but it's time to let it go. I just don't drive it enough anymore, either, and it doesn't like that.

RHD '82 NA, 5 speed Audi box. 10 months NSW rego BP 16 UC. It's got ~63,000 miles on the clock but I'm sure it's rolled over at least once. I've put just 30,000 on in 8+ years. It drives well: very straight, pulls strong, revs high, corners well.

Major upgrades: new fan, new alternator, new fuel pump, newish coil. Head was replaced 4 years ago. Starter and water pump replaced about 5 years ago. Fuel distributor rebuilt about 6 years ago. Clutch, WUR and steering rods replaced about 7 years ago. Exhaust system replaced about 8 years ago. All the consumables (spark plugs, injectors, oil+filter, air filter, fuel filter, timing belt, serpentine, transaxle oil) have been replaced at least once. Minor upgrades include lower-temp thermostat and thermoswitch, replaced all spark plug leads, most intake rubber replaced, installed a better radio (including fixing how it was powered), bonnet struts, all dash lights LEDs, recovered sun visors.

Guard's Red in colour (LM3A), but previous owners have had some panels re-sprayed so it's not quite all the same colour.

Features include power windows and mirrors, rear demister and wiper, rear fog lights.

Current issues: one rear strut has a broken ball joint, sometimes has issues starting (there's a mysterious voltage drop somewhere) but once it's running everything is fine. I think the AAV (fast idle) is stuck closed, too. And the front seats need re-upholstering.

I've got a box of bits, many from replacing things, but a few I never got around to. This includes a spare battery and a spare ignition module. Also, quite a lot of documentation of purchases and work done. And a Haynes manual.

I'd like to ask for AU$7500 but can be argued down a little. I'm not in a hurry. I'll put some pics up shortly.

Wade.

Last edited by staticsan on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
staticsan  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: