Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

I need interior door latch bezels in brown. 924/early 944

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bureau13  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject: I need interior door latch bezels in brown. 924/early 944 Reply with quote

Anyone have these that they want to sell, in good condition? I can't find them anywhere, in brown. I do see a few in black on Ebay.

This is a two-piece part, although the one I need is the larger part...the actual bezel/surround, not the square plastic screw cover that fits inside and under the latch handle.

I really just need one for the driver's side...I butchered mine taking the door off to fix my broken window regulator....but I'd buy a pair, since the other side doesn't look great either.
2007 Hummer H3 (Daily Driver)

Past lives (I miss them all):
2004 RX-8 (Wrecked)
1993 RX-7 (Sold)
1987 RX-7 Turbo II (Sold)
1985 RX-7 GSL (Stolen)
clintg60-16v  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider buying one of the black ones.

I've come across several of these cars over the years, as well as many MK 1 VWs that share the same part. What I've found is that the the factory brown bezels deteriorate excessively. The brown bezels and the map pockets often look perfect, but easily scratch and flake apart if the plastic's exposed to the elements.

The black ones typically last forever.

Solution: refinish the black ones using SEM Vinyl Dye #15023 in "Cordovan Brown". Use prep-sol beforehand. PERFECT match -and durable.
...and a 1980 924 Turbo S underway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: