Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

DITC connector

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fwood  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: DITC connector Reply with quote

I recently posted on the for sale discussion about the connector and pins which I found. Part number 91161288400. The absolutely best part I have bought to date. This forum has allowed me to resurrect my 82 931 from a ten year rest. I have chased erratic running and total fail for a few years. Bought two used ditc units which cured non running for a while. New and used ignition modules which helped sporadically. Improved grounds etc. If you read the initial post on the for sale site it started with me opening the connector and seeing that I had less than stellar connections. I do not know how to post pictures of the connectors and wires but they were toast. The problem was acerbated by the housing crumbling at the base where the connector mated to the DITC unit. There were cracks in the pin which would have been held in place with a pristine housing. Since replacing the connector I have been running the original ditc unit flawlessly. I did cut the harness to the connector which I then solder back together. I would heartily recommend that anyone with ditc and running issues open and inspect that connector and it’s body. Since I did this I cannot believe the improvement in the performance of the car. I did wait till I drove the car on some longer trips before writing this. I’ve been burned too many times. I hope this helps.
Frank
924RACR  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - great find, excellent work!!!

I've been maybe a touch luckier with mine; while the connector body is a bit cracked, it's still apparently functional, and I was able to resolder the pins on. Like yours, my ground and power leads were a bit marginal - the ground lead in particular was hanging by only a couple of strands of copper.
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: