Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

**INFO NEEDED*** Rear Peugeot 405 DISC conversion?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MugenRep  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject: **INFO NEEDED*** Rear Peugeot 405 DISC conversion? Reply with quote

As the title states, I'd be very appreciative if anybody had any links or info associated with it. I can get two rotors for $35 shipped, but I have no idea what calipers, if "bunny ears" are needed to hold the caliper, any line adjustments, etc. THANK YOU!!!

*Yes, I know the 5x130 conversion is easier, I want to keep my 8.9lb. Panasports instead of updating.
MugenRep  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought for sure, somebody would know?
XLR8  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too, any very interested in this. I read a post elsewhere that it requires 405 rotors and callipers ....
Euro924S2  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys. I did this many years ago and was very happy with them.

You need 405 rear rotors and 405 rear calipers. The 924 handbrake cables work without modification (think I re-routed them under the torsion beam instead of above or something). The bracket to mount the calipers needs to be made. I used a piece of 5 or 6mm thick steel sheet and cut it to size and drilled the relevant holes. You remove the drum, remove the 4 bolts that hold bearing cap in place, remove the drum backplate and use that as a template for the caliper bracket. The bracket replaces the back plate. You then need to attack the drum with an angle grinder to reduce its size before putting it in the lathe and turning it down so the 405 disc will fit over it. I.e. You convert the drum into a hub to mount the disc. Then you just need to make a couple of hard brake lines to go to the calipers and you're done. Sounds more complicated than it is!
MugenRep  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euro924S2 wrote:
Hi guys. I did this many years ago and was very happy with them.

You need 405 rear rotors and 405 rear calipers. The 924 handbrake cables work without modification (think I re-routed them under the torsion beam instead of above or something). The bracket to mount the calipers needs to be made. I used a piece of 5 or 6mm thick steel sheet and cut it to size and drilled the relevant holes. You remove the drum, remove the 4 bolts that hold bearing cap in place, remove the drum backplate and use that as a template for the caliper bracket. The bracket replaces the back plate. You then need to attack the drum with an angle grinder to reduce its size before putting it in the lathe and turning it down so the 405 disc will fit over it. I.e. You convert the drum into a hub to mount the disc. Then you just need to make a couple of hard brake lines to go to the calipers and you're done. Sounds more complicated than it is!

Thank you so incredibly much!!!!
Euro924S2  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries! Good luck with it. Any more questions give me a shout. I don't get on here much but should get a notification if you post or you can PM me if not.

Cheers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: