Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Another issue...aggravating but minor, I'm sure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toast54  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Another issue...aggravating but minor, I'm sure Reply with quote

After I finally get my twofer road worthy, I've run into a lot of squeaking and squealing when I turn the wheels.. I replaced the strut inserts in June ..and it sat for several months while I sorted through starting and running issues. I had to replace the lower control arm assembly after some Scabazz sumbeach backed a U-haul truck into it in April ..am I looking at noisy bushings?
Eric P  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically a "squealing" noise is the power steering pump. Check the belt and fluid. Look for leaks. How much fluid is in your power steering reservoir? If you have to add fluid, make sure to add Automatic Transmission Fluid and NOT power steering fluid. The previous owner of my car did that... three times I have thousands of dollars worth of receipts to prove that these steering racks won't hold up with PS fluid in them. Luckily, they weren't my thousands. I should probably flush my PS system again. Maybe I'll do a how-to when it warms up outside this weekend.

Does it make noises just when stopped or when you're moving? If it makes noises when you're stopped, it might be helpful to have a friend listen when you turn the steering wheel and see if they can tell where it's coming from. I can think of a few bushings that might squeak with suspension travel, but everything that moves when you turn the wheel should be solid mounts (ball joints, tie rod ends, etc.). If you jack up the front end of the car and try to wiggle the wheel

Maybe try looking over the tire to see if it looks like it's rubbing somewhere? If it was in an accident, something could still be bent in there. Let us know what you find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: