Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Recovered dashboard in 1981 924 Porsche

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Recovered dashboard in 1981 924 Porsche Reply with quote

I am attempting to recover my dashboard in my 1981 Porsche 924 that I am rebuilding. My first attempt was with Vinyl that had a 1/4" foam backing. That did not turn out very good. I do not want to put the plastic cap on it that is for sale on ebay.

Does anybody have pictures of one that they have recovered so I can see how you did it. Any help appreciated before I attempt again.
Ted
snakoil  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the leatherclassic cover but I skipped putting the foam back they provided.
I was not able to git the vinyl properly on top as the second I was trying to adjust the fitting the foam would rip.

Glueing the vinyl directly to the dash was a lot easier and looks really good.

for a very low cost, I found that when I had repaired and painted my dash my black bedliner is was actually quite happy with the result and debated leaving it that way and saving on the leather upholstory
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Dash cover Reply with quote

Snakeoil, thanks for that suggestion. Do you happen to have a picture of it>
If so, please email to: tvonkampen@allophone.com
Ted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: