Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

My 1988 924S For Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newsvx  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: My 1988 924S For Sale Reply with quote

- I’ve had the car for three years. At my advancing age (going on 74), I find it harder every day to “fall in and crawl out”. Plus, at this point, I am looking for a bit more modern car.

- Price? Considering the low mileage (39,700 miles) and always being garage kept, I am asking $9,500. Seems more than fair with Hagerty Insurance saying a #1 Concours example is worth $22,200 (checked this month) and a #2 condition (mine is a solid #2 car), valued at $11,400. The NADA Classic Car values the “average” car at $9,900. This is not an average 1988 924 S. And according to Hagerty, the value is going up every day.

Some details about the car:

- VIN #: WP0AA0925JN451578

- I have almost complete documentation on the car, including the original invoice when sold in 1988 by Heishman Porsche / Audi in Arlington, VA (price then was $23,953.00), a copy of the original title (front and back), the original Build Sheet (in German but I have a translation of it), and receipts for all I have done to the car since I bought it two years ago. I doubt you will find many 1988 cars with this much documentation. The ONLY modification on the car are drilled rotors and stainless brake lines and replacement radio (AM/FM/CD) .

- The car has a sunroof (removable and has a cover for it when removed), cruise control, power windows, power brakes, AC, AM/FM/CD radio (not original), heated and electric (power) side view mirrors, stabilizer bars front and rear, 3 spoke leather steering wheel, cassette and coin storage (I have removed that but kept it for the car), power antenna (build sheet says manual antenna - don't know why), wheel locks, tint strip in top of windshield (greenish in color and was an option on the car), original spare tire and jack (neither have ever been on the ground), original Porsche air compressor (used to inflate the space tire if ever needed – does not appear to have ever been used), original plastic sheets to “wrap the removed tire” (in the event of a flat tire) to prevent dirt on the inside of the car when changing the tire, original unused plastic GLOVES to use when changing the tire, and the original Porsche car cover with bag. I also have the original floor mats with PORSCHE embroidered in RED (the rubber backing is deteriorating (due to age, but the carpet portion is hardly worn at all). Everything on the car works as new.

- I have available also three sets of wheel rims that can go with the car – the original 15” rims with excellent and fairly new (95% tread remaining) Bridgestone Turanza P195/65R15 tires and two sets of 16” rims (one set is the wide rims –8” rear and 7” front).

- All original paint, except (it appears to me) the hood. I have no history as to when or why or IF it was repainted. If it was repainted, it was an excellent job.

- The car has always been garaged, and during the three years I have owned it, it has been in the rain perhaps twice.

- Maintenance is completely up to date. Before I drove it home three years ago, I had the car completely gone through, changing the timing belt and idlers (was not required due to mileage, then at 38K miles, but due to the AGE of the belt rubber, I did not want to take a chance), water pump, hoses, other belts and all fluids. One motor mount was also replaced at that time. In the last two years I redid the brakes (new cross-drilled rotors (I still have the original rotors which are in great condition) and stainless brake line and new master cylinder recently). This past December (2015), the odometer stopped working and I had it repaired (that small nylon gear that is prone to stripping had to be replaced) along with oil and filter change. Maintenance wise, it needs nothing.

- I have never “tracked” the car, but I do autocross with it. What a nicely balanced car!

- I would drive this car anywhere, any time.
PHOTOS HERE: https://photos.shutterfly.com/album/90179481863
Harry Newman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: