Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Porsche 2.0 Engine flooding still happening (updated post)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillipbpruitt  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Porsche 2.0 Engine flooding still happening (updated post) Reply with quote

I have a 924. 2.0 NA , the engine is flooding it seems. It starts up and dies.
it was running perfect one day in the garage the idle got rough, and then it just died on me. Hasnt been able to start since. I found a mechanic thats willing to work on it 129$ USD an hour.... Trying to avoid towing and paying the hefty fee.
After the first start all it does is crank and i have to wait 7-10 minutes to start it again. It sounds like its flooding.
Ive replaced the fuel distributor, WUR, spark plugs , wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, timing is correct.
The vacuum lines are not in the right places. But they weren't whenever the car was running perfect.
Odd the idle would get rough though i dont understand that. I live in fort worth texas and would be willing to pay for someone to help me if you live in the area. I would love some advice though im at a loss and heart broken.

Where it sits now, ill go to start it, and itll start for about 2 seconds then die.... cant start for another 7 mins, then same story start then die.
Rhubie  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test your injectors. They might be leaking. Pull your plugs too to check.
Also.. might be paired with a hot start problem, but with the limited time its on i wouldn't think so.
Check your grounds and clean them too to eliminate those.
Get your air hoses in order. It will make this car start and run 1000 times easier even if it ran alright before.

If you have any questions about testing injectors I can help you out. Check those and get back to us.
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+100 injector test procedure..

pull the injectors, back on the lines, Put them in 4 identical pop bottles, jump 30-87 on fuel pump relay to run the pump, Techron in the gas tank, push the metering plate on the fuel distributor to make the injectors spray into your pop bottles..

Go ahead and fill up the pop bottles a couple times to get that Techron through the system, running it is good for it, give it a chance to clean its self up..

Then empty your bottles and fill them about half way with the injectors, compare there levels, the bottles should have equal amounts of gas in them and you should observe a nice cone pattern spray from the injectors.. And it makes very cool sounds.. EEEEEEeeekkkk...

The injectors should stop when your not pushing on the metering plate, a good base setting for the mixture screw is to go rich just until the injectors spray by themselves and then back until they stop while you have the fuel pump running with the metering plate at rest...

If all the injectors don't stop spraying at the same time the ones that continue to spray or dribble while the others are off need to be replaced as they are leaking, give them a chance by running with the techron first..

If your fuel in the tank is questionable maybe you should drain the tank and add fresh fuel first..

If you have access to a CIS fuel pressure testing kit by all means use it, as before run the system with techron for a while first to give it a chance to clean itself up..
Rhubie  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I swear I have heard those instructions a million times already lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: