Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Ignition Signal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DootToot  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: Ignition Signal Reply with quote

I have a 1982 Porsche 924 Turbo, purchased it from someone who rebuilt the engine, put it back and it does not start. We found that there was no spark at the coil. We found lots of little wiring issues, each one we thought was the cure but we were wrong. But they seem to be a step in the right direction. We have just recently found a bad contact in the connector that plugs into the DTIC. We now see the tacho jumping slightly (which it wasn't before) and with an oscilloscope we are measuring the timing signal going into the ignition module (pin 6). This signal is now showing a train of pulses when we crank the engine. Pulse widths are about 50ms with a peak voltage of about 0.7 volts going down to 0.3V. I assume this is the required voltage to switch the transistors in the ignition module but it does seem a bit low still. I would be really grateful if someone can let me know what the voltage levels for the ignition signal coming out of the DTIC and going into the ignition module should be so we can work out if we are on the right track. We suspect we have a faulty ignition module now but not sure. Many Thanks.
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search '924 turbo crank sensor' and all will be revealed...... Its possibly failed and and causing your issues. Also they are hens teeth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: