Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Power antenna wiring colors 1981 Porsche 924

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Power antenna wiring colors 1981 Porsche 924 Reply with quote

I have read about every board post I can find concerning the power antenna on the 924. None seem to address my question. I have been rebuilding my car for some time and am getting down to some details that I want to sort out. There was no radio in the car but lots of evidence there was one at one time. The power electric lift antenna is on the left front fender. I removed the canister and found the unit. There are 5 wires coming out of the antenna. The coax is one and easily identified. There are 4 other wires. A Brown, a yellow, a white and a red. These go on into the cabin. Tucked away under the left front carpet was a relay that these wire went to but it was hand wired in and not mounted but rather stuffed under the carpet. Since I want to put a radio in the car I would like to see if the power antenna still works. The Haynes manual does not really address this issue although the wiring diagram shows a couple wire connections. These wires are quite long going into the cabin and extend about 2-3 ft from the entry point.

My question... can anyone tell me what the wire color on the motor corresponds to electrically. Most power antenna leads are 3 and red & black and either green or blue.

If you have one of these cars and have the same color wires and wire count I would like to know what they go to. Any help appreciated. --Ted
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: More research Reply with quote

I have found out this antenna is a Harada MXE-2. Does anyone have a clue to the wiring diagram?
Thanks for any help.
Ted
brian19600  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked thru the factory "workshop manual" (78-??) that I had covering electrics and diagrams. They didn't even mention electric antennas. They did show how to field install a manual antenna! Sorry....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: