Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924/944 mirror wiring different ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gazc2  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: 924/944 mirror wiring different ? Reply with quote

ok so had to get a pair of flag mirrors for the 924s however the wiring loom in the mirrors is different from whats in the door on the mirror I have the following 6 wires

brown
black/brown
white
brown/yellow
white/brown x 2

now two of these will be the heated element however don't have a the door colours to hand as I am typing this in a hotel room but they don't match the above

any help appreciated
curtissboggs  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently removed my flag mirrors to prep my 924S for paint. I found that the drivers side had an early-style connector (square with male connections), and the passenger side had a late-style connector (round with female connections ). No one had ever had it apart in the last (I know becausen I am the second owner). Seeing how the 924S is a mix of early and late parts, I am not all that surprised. You may need to swap some pieces around or source the right connector. Hope that helps.
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Mirror wiring Reply with quote

You may have already solved your problem. While restoring my 1981 924 I noticed the mirror motor did not work. When I hit the switch the fuel pump would start. If I kept it up the fuse would blow. After a lot of wire tracing to the round plug I discovered that someone at sometime had reversed the wire color & pin direction. When you plug the two halves together the wire color should transfer on through. I think in my case someone help up the two plug ends and then put the colors & wires in the same as the other plug end. They were just reversed. I you hold up both ends of the plug the wire color rotation on one should be the reverse of the other plug so that when you turn one around and plug it together the color follows through. Once I fixed that it worked perfectly.
Ted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: