Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

japanese?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texor  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would a 2.0 4 cyl integra engine fit? My friends tell me that such an engine is capable of an easy 200+ hp. Also what are the cheapest engine types to buy?, i want a good engine but i lack the money...

also looking for a 944 engine to possible rebuild (though i lack most of the time or expertise) would such an engine work? It would be cool to find a 944 engine (w/ or w/o turbo) as a good performance boost.

[ This Message was edited by: Texor on 2002-09-10 08:12 ]
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japanese motors all tend to be very big/wide. If you put a Toyota V8 beside a Chevy smallblock the toyota is positively huge.

Leave the honda engines in hondas - that's where they belong.
Lizard  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texor he is right honda engines aren't good spend the extra money and get a 924/944 engine to rebuild these engines are possible of getting that power out of them. just one request though dont rice this car out
Texor  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well just cuz it woul dhave a jap engine (now i dont want one ) doesnt make it a ricer, a ricer is really a guy who wastes all his money on appearance (body kits, lighting, etc) and has a p-o-s car. the most common to rice out are jap cars cuz they ez to get kits for, so have no fear, there are no kits for it and i have no money to spend on them anyway, it looks cool enough and id rather spend my tiny sum on performance then ugly rediculous spoilers.
Cbass  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you don't have much money, I would suggest the little things you can do to increase the performance of the engine you already have... Port matching, a good camshaft...

If you can pull the motor, I think the only thing that will really increase the performance of the motor would be high compression pistons. If you rebuild it with 10:1 compression and combine that with the porting and camshaft, you might actually get some power out of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: