Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

82 924 with Audi 4.2l
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golten951  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Pictures haha Reply with quote

Golten951  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: More Pictures...!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Yes I have gone made with excitement after finding the wonders of how to properly load pictures, now you all will not have to go into my other threads!

Golten951  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Last lot for now Reply with quote

Golten951  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Dashboard Plans and rest of interior. Reply with quote

Hey all. So I will be completely recovering my dash and modifying it to accept the A8 cluster properly. the upper half will be redone in either Black or the Dark brown. Lower half will be in out Family Tartan. I am been working on the tape holder/arm rest and door cards

Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty impressive project..
Golten951  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fasteddie313 wrote:
Pretty impressive project..

Thank you! Been a lot of fun.
Golten951  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Bell housing Reply with quote

Golten951  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: HVAC Reply with quote

Going over the Late model HVAC unit, needs some work. few things broken, but all repairable. I got the whole unit for free. so I am not worried.

Golten951  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Steering Reply with quote

I received my A8 steering column system that I am going to either pull it apart and use what I need, or adapt the whole set up which would be really cool to have the adjuster system and all for it. will see how it all pans out when I go home to work on my swap after the 20th of Dec. If it does work out like I am thinking. I will have some fun and try molding in a Porsche crest to the steering wheel center.

Golten951  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: HVAC update Reply with quote

Hey all, working on fitting the late model 944 HVAC unit in. It is going pretty good, got it set about where it needs to go, required some extra cutting.... but what has not required that on this lol! But it will be a nice upgrade from the old worn out 81 924 stuff.
I will continue working on her after Christmas
The Dash will require a bit of mod work, but nothing crazy at a, was pretty surprised at how well it fit over the upper section.
Will add some pictures tomorrow. [/img]
Golten951  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: HVAC update Reply with quote

Update Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRPi51xZ-Kk&feature=share
Golten951  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: HVAC Fitting Pictures Reply with quote

Golten951  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Passenger Header Build Reply with quote

Fabricating the Passenger side header, it has turn out pretty good. quiet pleased with the shape, everything is tacked into to place and can be installed and removed with out taking it apart, which is huge! considering the space I am working with.
Drivers side is certainly going to be more tricky.

Golten951  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Drivers side Header Reply with quote

Fabricated the drivers side header. I am really happy with the progress this trip, tomorrow is my last day for working on her until possibly May or June

kondzi  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff! Seems to be very tight fit everywhere. Did you take into consideration that the engin might shake / wobble before you get everyting up and running? Do not do any paint job in the engine bay before it’s all well tested Like the project a lot, as these engines are really fuel efficient and have plenty of torque. What I’m not getting is what do has gauge cluster to regulations? I’d do everything to keep stock (vintage) look inside keeping the stock dials / gauges. These are just to insicate things. For regulations you have lot of sensors and electronics to keep under the dash Anyway great job, and for sure you must have lot of patience, as with that kind of mods you change one thing, and need to follow with 2-3 more additional changes at least. Lots of work still to come for sure. Keep us posted with pics
'88 Mustang 5.0 LX Convertible (factory specs)
'84 911 Carrera 3.2 RoW (factory specs)
'81 931 RoW (TBD)
'81 Ford Capri 2.8i (factory specs)
'79 Ford Capri 2.9 (heavily modded)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: