Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

A question about engine parts.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
a239947  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: A question about engine parts. Reply with quote

Does anybody know a place to get original conrod little end bushings for a 931. I dont see any listed on Ideola's website. And getting them made by my machinist will cost me over $70 each.
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive EBS in Reno sells the oversized units. Then your machinist would just need to remove one millimeter and hone for your pins. Even in Oz that cant cost $70 ! ( :
1996 Ford E-350 ex-FedEx Van
2014 Mazda CX-5 (Kinderwagon)
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
a239947  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately if you factor in postage then exchange rates for the new bearings and then getting them machined it would probably work out the same. I'm going to see him tomorrow so i will have a chat with him and see what he says.
ideola  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These have been NLA for quite some time. On the last motor I had prepped and balanced, my machinist said the wrist pins in the rods I provided were within tolerance, so we didn't replace them. Has your machinist actually measured them, or did he just recommend replacing them out of habit?
MikeJinCO  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a set from EBS, they were about $4 each I think and they had them in stock. I believe they were a generic bushing made by Crower. My machinist had no problems fitting them and they were honed to size after balancing.

'67 MG Midget Dp
'71 Ocelot Dsr Kawasaki 1000(under rebuild)
a239947  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure my machinist has measured them. He's been pretty thorough with all of it. Everything else is within spec. He believes there may be some volvo ones which he may be able to use. I have e-mailed EBS, hopefully i get a response from them soon.

Ill let you know how i go with them, might give people some more options for their own builds.

In other news, i was hunting for an alternative for piston rings. My ring grooves are worn and we were looking at options that didnt break the bank. He has found 2 sets of rings that he will use to peice together a single set. The first ring chrome and the oil ring a 3 piece unit. When i get some more info ill let you know where they are from. He believes its the cheapest option without having to re-groove the pistons for a different set. The rings are 2mm, 2mm and 3mm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: