Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Happiness is...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdrider19  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganz924S wrote:
What brake rotors and calipers are you running? Love the work you have done, makes me want to pull my engine!

images upload
This is what I started with. They still worked fine and no leaks. I used an old brake hose to plug the hole and masking tape to protect the seals before sand blasting all the parts. With the parts all rust free I sprayed them with etching primer and then used dupli-color paint to spray on the red. The rotors I found on ebay. I think they where about $135 for all 4.
images upload
adult image host
hdrider19  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edredas wrote:
Nice work... I like the polished intake. I've been wanting a set of polished phone dials forever. I tried doing a set once but didn't get far. How did you polish your parts? They look great!

I have started a how to thread on polishing aluminum. I picked up a pair of 7" phone dials for the rear of my 87 and started to work on them.
hosting imagecertificity.com
I will take pics and update as I do the work. Fresh from the sand blaster and ready to start sanding them smooth.
hdrider19  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 done. 3 to go.
image hosting free no registrationcertificity.com
hdrider19  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a heat gun to remove the decals from the rear of my car. They were dried out and cracked. My car has a decent repaint with base coat/clear coat so after I got the decals off I used lacquer thinner on a rag to clean off the adhesive. The paint has a little orange peel texture so I block sanded the rear with 800 then 1500 grit before hand buffing the rear panel below the hatch and the area below the tail lights. Now the rear has a nice shine to it. I am going to update the rear badging to look more like the modern P-cars with these badges.
windows 7 screenshotcertificity.com
BBC1964  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the look of the stickers. You have come a long way on that car. Congrats it looks great.

Bill
hdrider19  

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my new emblems on the rear. I like the way the PORSCHE turned out. I used the same spacing on the 924S but it doesn't look as good. I will have to pull the 924 off and tighten up the spacing starting from the S.
photoupload
I plan to pull off the right bumper pad then have the holes welded up. I think the smooth look will be better with the euro bumper I picked up from Woolie.
post images
Still need to sort out the rear wiper. It looks like somebody pulled the wiring from the hatch. Hoping to find it behind to side panel when I start swapping the interior.
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the P O R S C H E on the rear, but I think its either that or the 924S...both make the rear look a bit busy.
hdrider19  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few updates. I got the euro bumper painted and on. It is loosely mounted. I still need to adjust the fit.

Wheel 3 is now done.

When I finish the last wheel I will buy a new set of tires. The ones that are on it have good tread but are starting to dry rot.
hdrider19  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good and bad news. I put gas and fluids in last weekend and it started for the first time in many years. After a good check out and warmup I took it for a short drive. About 5 miles to gas station and back for a full tank of fresh gas. I think one of the injectors may be clogged as it had a miss the whole time. It started several more times Saturday evening. Sunday morning it was a no start. No tach bounce while cranking. I guess Saturday was a tease to keep my interest. But I finally got to drive it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: