Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

SCCA Solo DP 924 NA build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Han Solo  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: SCCA Solo DP 924 NA build Reply with quote

I'm contemplating my next auto cross car and I think a stripped down 924 NA '80-'83 is a good start. That would class in D Prepared and be competitive at regional events (on a national level, not so much). I've got a '87 924S that I would trade or sell to get the initial purchase done. To keep costs down I think I'd go with 45 Webers, hotter cam, headers and lightweight flywheel. I'm not so concerned about HP as light weight and great suspension. Definitely lower the car, strip interior, strip door glass and regulators, put in a fuel cell, gut the head lights and lift mechanisms, possibly a cage but not required, racing seats and harnesses. All that can be done relatively inexpensively and selling used parts can help costs. Aluminum racing wheels would certainly help but pretty pricey. I think I could make a pretty good start on something like that for about $3500 to $5000 out-of-pocket. Thoughts and comments welcomed

Also...

Is the 4-bolt pattern on 924 wheels the same as 914? I've got these Dura Lite wheels that are killer
Han Solo  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Change of plans Reply with quote

After working on the exhaust on my '87 924S last two nights, I've decided that's going to be the race car. I'll spell out the reasons in the existing thread here...

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=42067
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: