Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

My 931 and futur upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, a sport suspension set up would be nice and complement the car. A slightly firm and small drop in ride height would help. New Porsche brake discs, Mintex 1155 front and 1144 rear pads and new brake fluid will make it stop nicely. Some sympathetic improvements will help enjoy the car
Cedric  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, you plan on track driving, then I would leave the engine in standard, maybe only doing a compressor swap to the K2664, then just go through everything, every hose and joint ant bolt to see that everything is in top condition.

First uppgrade should be tyres, it makes by far the biggest difference on track. Buy a cheap spare set of wheels and put track day tyres on them. You can easily fit a set of 7x15" int the back of the car + tools. the do an alignment to get a bit more negative camber.

Part two would be as others already have pointed out, rebuild your brake calipers (important!) so they move freely, then get some nice track day brake pads (I really like Hawk Hp+, but there are others that work well) and braking fluid.

When the above is done get some suspension upgrades, the car is soft as standard, but it works just to have fun on track. But having bilstein/koni/gaz or similar dampers makes a reallly big difference, if you would like maybe run harder springs in the front and 25,5mm torsion bars in the rear (from 968/944 turboS). That would be a good setup that works fine on the street.

The worst thing with the 931s is the recent price hike, now everybody inc me gets second thoughts when it comes to modifying...
kaneda06  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes second 931 just for trackday is the best but since 3 years the 931 cost most expensive price in France :/
I remember 7 / 8 years ago a 931 send 3000€, now 14000/15000€ ......

and summer is here and i do finish this one !!!

waiting have money for change clutch and bushing gearshift 931

Are you sure for size torsion bar because i remember 30 mm for front and 19 mm rear ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: