Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Nose piece removal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, none of this changes the fact that you are, objectively, an insufferable know it all.

With all your mechanical and body work experience, you have posted zero how-tos, guides, or anything else useful, choosing instead to limit your "contributions" to telling people they are wrong.

Thanks for nothing.
jason c  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasta Monsta wrote:
Of course, none of this changes the fact that you are, objectively, an insufferable know it all.

With all your mechanical and body work experience, you have posted zero how-tos, guides, or anything else useful, choosing instead to limit your "contributions" to telling people they are wrong.

Thanks for nothing.

I'd rather be a know it all than a jealous troll.
I don't care if you learn anything from me or not. In fact, please don't.
I have helped the people I intended to. 
I have done tutorials for anyone who has asked, privately by pm, email and by phone. I have not had any personal 931 projects worth doing a tutorial on for the board recently. I have not & will not post pics of customers cars.
Maybe I can do a tutorial on how to roll a fender lip with a pair of channel locks and a block of wood.

I get paid to work on cars. Any help I give for free should be appreciated.

How often do you give legal advise for free?
How often does Dan give parts away for free?
How often does everyone else on here or anywhere else give away their trade for free?

If you don't like what I post, don't read it.

Rasta Monsta wrote:
..... instead to limit your "contributions" to telling people they are wrong.

Ideola wrote:
wrong

Ideola wrote:
wrong again

Ideola wrote:
wrong, yet again

Looks like you're confused Rasta, all of these were BEFORE I said he was "wrong" even once. Does incorrect information count as "contributions"?
edredas  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason c wrote:
There are no noses welded on to the chassis and also bolted on to the chassis, that was my point and the topic 3 pages ago.

I just now told you that some early cars did have late panels. You have clearly never never seen one before, yet you are expert on how they were installed.

Rasta Monsta wrote:
With all your mechanical and body work experience, you have posted zero how-tos, guides, or anything else useful...

Geez, don't give him any ideas. He filled that one thread with the most useless garbage. I mean most of that stuff he would have known if he would've just read a paint label. How can someone that claims to be a professional not read a label.

PIC RELATED.

'87 924S -Red, 300hp 951 swap
'87 924S -Red, Project Car
'88 924S -Red, Daily Driver
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, what was it I was jealous of again?

Oh, and yes I do help people with legal issues without charging them.

Oh, and I also get paid to work on cars.

Oh, and if our software were capable of blocking people, jasonc would be first on the list, believe me.
jason c  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasta Monsta wrote:
Oh, and yes I do help people with legal issues without charging them.

How often do you get trolled for it?

Rasta Monsta wrote:
Oh, and I also get paid to work on cars.

Woking on cars in your driveway, paid or not is not even close to working in a shop as professional, not even close.

Rasta Monsta wrote:
Oh, and if our software were capable of blocking people, jasonc would be first on the list, believe me.

Lolz
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason c wrote:
working in a shop as professional

Hey, that's what I'm doing today!

Oh, and you haven't yet elucidated* why I'm jealous of you. If you can let me know soon, I'll share it with my therapist Friday.

*You can look up this and other big words on teh Googlez.
Brian L.  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:38 pm    Post subject: Thanks Stefan Reply with quote

fiat22turbo wrote:
I used a spot weld drill bit that I picked up at Harbor Freight and a few battery packs in my cordless drill to pull one at the local U-Pull salvage yard.

There's some behind the bumper and a couple of bolts at the sides into the front quarter panels.

The 924S and 944 panels are bolted on, so don't hesitate to use bolts to secure it, their panels are also the same up to the 944 S2 and Turbo, if that helps with your search.

There are some fiberglass versions available too, but the fit and finish can be racecar good and need a bunch of work to make "right"

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip Stefan,! I found a turbo nose on Craigslist for a 100 bucks and went to go pull it on a Sunday. I went to HF and picked up four of those cutters (on sale for 5.99) and since there no weld shops open on Sunday this was my only option on short notice.
Grabbed my cordless drill and a bunch of drill bits and headed out. Long story short about two hours later I pulled it off and only used one cutter and it felt just as sharp as when I started! Thanks again!
P.S. dou you still have your 924?
Cheers Brian.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: