Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Rear wheel arch rolling
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickthompson  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasta Monsta wrote:
jason c wrote:
How many fender lips have you rolled, with the tool or hammer? Answer: none.

I see.

Not sure how you claim to know this, but we sure have learned more about you in recent days!

Being an internet bully is easy. No real repercussions when you're hundreds of miles away in an anonymous location. Weather or not you are correct is irrelevant because it's not your stuff that gets trashed.
jason c  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickthompson wrote:
Rasta Monsta wrote:
jason c wrote:
How many fender lips have you rolled, with the tool or hammer? Answer: none.

I see.

Not sure how you claim to know this, but we sure have learned more about you in recent days!

Being an internet bully is easy. No real repercussions when you're hundreds of miles away in an anonymous location. Weather or not you are correct is irrelevant because it's not your stuff that gets trashed.

Not really sure who you're referring to but IF its me I think you need to read further in the thread before you make assumptions.

I disagree with the second half of your statement. It does matter, at least to me. I don't want anyone to 'eff up there car, that's why I post what I do.
The point I was making about the tool is that is not fool proof, you can do plenty of damage with it if you don't know what you're doing.
I have done everything I've commented on. I have never told someone to do something I haven't done.

Rasta, if you had a legitimate question without a Snyder comment I would have been happy to explain it to you.
What you've learned about me is I'm not going to take anybody's $h1t. You know I've let plenty of your comments go.

By all means, if you have experience on the thread topic please share it with the op.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

troll wrote:
By all means, if you have experience on the thread topic please share it with the op.

I do, and I did!

Thanks!

Horizonblue  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, Guys, calm down.......

I was hoping that someone had used this tool and had some pictures of how much can be done, without cracking the paint.

......And how much can be done, if cracking the paint is no problem....

I'm not happy about using a hammer on the car. With the tool, I would be more comfortable(I think), taking small steps at a time.

How much can be done, without cracking the paint, off course depends on how much paint there is (and filler)

My car has been repainted, and I have a feeling that it has a thick layer.

"If you can't fix it, don't break it"

/P.G. Andersen
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others have said, removing the undercoating from the area where the lip will be flattened out is step one (I use a wire wheel for this). Step two, heat the fender lip with a heat gun while rolling. As far as I know, this is the most reliable method to reduce cracking, but still no guarantee.

In terms of how far you can go, I seem to recall member flosho pushing his fenders out far enough to fit 245 or 255 tires.
Horizonblue  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, think I will aquire the tool and carefully start rolling. I actually found a picture of Flosho's car, where it seems like the wheel arch has been rolled.

Not only has the lip been bent upwards inside, it looks like the whole side has been pulled just a little outwards. This is exactly how I would like to have it.

I wonder if that much is even possible with the rolling tool?

Maybe I should just contact him.

There was another car, that had more than just the lip inside rolled upwards.

"If you can't fix it, don't break it"

/P.G. Andersen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: