Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

What size carbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbie924  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: What size carbs Reply with quote

Anyone here in carbs/webbers ?.. I will be installing a cylinder head which is fitted with 40DCoE webbers which work well since they are installed on a 'parts car', the car feels to have more throttle responce according to a friend who owns a Fuel injected version.. I have a set of 45Dcoe webbers too set aside which came with the cars when purchased.. would these be a better fit or are they too much for the 924 NA engine.

ideola  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With proper jetting, venturis, and low idle kit, the 45s are actually better, especially when paired with a hotter cam. For direct bolt on with no other changes, 40s might be better "out of the box", but if you're doing a conversion, why not hot up the motor a little anyway.
newbie924  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the moment I would just like to get the best car of the two running at any time this year.. the parts car is running and all but needs too much work to complete and includes a front windscreen too. I shall upload some photos of it to show that Im not out of my mind doing these exchanges once I set it up at the new storage. The primed car in my own personal opinion has far more work done to it.

I only touched up the engine bay with a bit of matt black paint. As far as I can tell this was the car concentrated on by the previous owner too. I intend to check the 'parts car' cam to see if it is a hot cam at an engineers.. As far as I have read here hotting up the head might take some work in the head, valve and cam areas and might cost to do locally here approximately Euro 3000. Right now I would rather put this amount in the car and think about hotting things up at a later stage.. I did see a spare head and cam which were dismantled in a box while moving the stuff which could be done at a later time in my own time too.

Do you recommend any sizes of jets etc for the 45's?.. I dont know what sizes they have now but can check when the time comes. Im sure the 45's will make a bit more 'noise' which would be rather old school and cool to hear.

nickthompson  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did 40s on my stock 77 and it ran great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: