Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Prioritizing components for performance-whats your opinion?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glemon  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reading this with interest as I am trying to set up my 924 as an auto cross car, but not a dedicated track car, and I am on a budget. I have so far bought new Yokohoma S drives, 205/55-15 to replace some pretty nasty Fuzion 205/60s currently on the car. I debated going with 50s for the reasons cited above.

I also tried to lower the rear ride height to match the front (still slightly higher, but maxed out the cam adjustment) as per Jim Pasha's article on this site.

Lastly, I have the bars and most of the fittings to replace the front 21mm sway bar with a 23mm, and acquired a rear 14mm bar from a junkyard as well.

Would likt to do shocks and struts as well. KYB gas adjust rears are cheap and listed as a performance upgrade on the Rock Auto site. Anybody know if they are any good, or do you get what you pay for?
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KYB used to be the bomb, not so much now.

Really liked Bilstein HD for the price, but Koni Sport are magic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: