Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

My third 924 is a 931 restore thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johann  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with getting her running again. I see many parallels between our projects!
Han Solo  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johann wrote:
Good luck with getting her running again. I see many parallels between our projects!

Thanks Johann. I read your 931 thread and that's a very sweet car you have. I can only hope to get mines looking as well!
BBC1964  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any updates on this?
Han Solo  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC1964 wrote:
any updates on this?

No real updates at this time. I've been spending all my time and cash on the 924S autocross project. I do periodically start the 931 and let it run for a 1/2 hour or so. The longer I go between starts, the harder it is to start. That will be the case until I have the WUV and fuel distributor rebuilt. Hopefully I'll be back on the 931 by summer time.
Han Solo  

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Time to get back on this one Reply with quote

I just read through my thread and that's a great way to refresh what's been done to this 931. It will be two years since I purchased it next month. I've done a lot of work to it but there's still SO MUCH MORE that needs to be done.

Yesterday I did the monthly start (with ether of course) and actually took it down the road to slosh the fluids around, do some hard braking and make sure the electrics are still working. No changes so that's good.

I think I've decided the best plan of action to get this project moving forward is a engine re-build. I looked back and the compression numbers when I got it weren't good. I think that's a big part of the reason cold start is so difficult.

I also looked through the Porsche work book on procedures and much of that process is going to be out of my skill set. Anyone here know of a shop that specializes in these engines? That may be a fall project but best start exploring options now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: