Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Fuel System

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ofandh  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Fuel System Reply with quote

Hello
Im James, I have recently bought a Porsche 924 as my first restoration project. The car came with no fuel pump, so I have bought a new one, but after a bit of research I have found out that it should have an accumulator. I was wondering if you could please confirm that this is true??
I have also got a rusty fuel tank and I am unsure on the best way to clean it, has anyone got any ideas??
and I am unable to get power to the fuel pump, Im thinking the relay but has anyone got any other ideas??

[/list]
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel System Reply with quote

ofandh wrote:
Hello
Im James, I have recently bought a Porsche 924 as my first restoration project. The car came with no fuel pump, so I have bought a new one, but after a bit of research I have found out that it should have an accumulator. I was wondering if you could please confirm that this is true??
I do believe so, possibly 2 accumulators depending on year
I have also got a rusty fuel tank and I am unsure on the best way to clean it, has anyone got any ideas??
I would try to find a new one yours looks rough from the outside, I clean smaller tanks by putting a couple hundred or so BB's in it and shaking it up but that would be quite the procedure on a 24
and I am unable to get power to the fuel pump, Im thinking the relay but has anyone got any other ideas??
Fuel pump grounds on a crown of male spades under the carpet between the taillights, I believe the NA cars have some sort of connection to the fuel distributor or tack signal to kill the pump if no air is flowing, depending on year, something of that nature..

[/list]

Read this thread for more... http://924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=41269&highlight=

Also put your year make model in your signature so we always know what car your talking about when you ask questions..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924 Racing Today All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: